Home

Doin' the Backstab and Roundhouse - Another 'Saber trick.

Wes Janson SMR

Not too sure if the latter name is the propper, but that's irrelevant at this point. ;-)

So far, there are only two reverse moves that I know of that attacks an enemy behind you. That's the well-known Backstab from the Fast Stance, and the "Roundhouse" from the Medium and Strong Stance. But here's the trick:

It's been said that you need to hit "back + attack" to achieve either of these two moves.

Not so.

If there's an enemy behind you, all you nead to do is simply hit the attack button. You don't need to hit "back".

Try it for yourselves. This works for all stances. Okay, so this isn't a big deal. But it is one less button to press. If you could bind a reverse view to a key, it should make a lurring attack a little easier to exicute. ;-)

Enjoy.

I know, its bloody irritating. It really should be back and attack. Constantly when fighting multiple sword weilding guys Il lsuddenly do an ultra slow backswing at some dead guy and get chopped to peices by everyone around me.

Actually....

I did some poking around, and I found out that I had my 'Saber auto-aim on. With it on, you don't need to press back to attack enemies behind you. With it off, you do need to press back with attack.

Heh. There's tons of stuff to learn about this game! It's great with the ammount of confic costomizability. All games should be like this, not just the Quake-based ones.

I do not really have much to say. This is more about boosting the number of posts I have made so I get rid of that stupid Bantha Fodder title.

Although I must say this game does not remind me at all about Quake 3 or any other game (except JK1). And yes I have played all the three quake games and the only similarity is they use the same engine, but everything is differant. Especially how I feel Q3 used graphics "just because we can" and not because they needed to. They tried to make it too pretty and it ruined it. Like you know the phrase "Anything else added to it and it will only ruin it". They ruined it completely. JK2:JO didn't. They did what they had to do to make it hard to do better. If they added any other prettiness to it, it would ruin it. And lucky for us they didnt do the mistake Quake3 had done.

Not really on the main point but ....

Ah hell with it, I'll just post this now.

Cheers!

Guest Forceflow

Hehe, that BanthaFodder title is sure really annoying, good thing I don't have it anymore :) (Actually, I don'T think I ever had it, when I registered here the titles were completely different *sigh* the good old times!)

Anyways, tog et back to topic, that automatic backswing is REALLY annyoing! Hope it works if you switch of the autoaim, 'cause the automatic swing got me killed once or twice. (And didn't even work normally, meaning didn't kill the guy behind me)

Archived