Home

There needs to be a Patch

PappySmurf

One of the great things about poker is all the different ways to play, and rules to use. Strip poker, for example :)

(no, I'm not asking for strip FFA, although that Mon Mothma is pretty hot :) )

More variations and more control of the rules set = more fun.

I want to be able to recreate scenes from the movies.

I wanna see a stun baton only mosh pit fight!! ;)

You could always find a NEF server. You usually need a password for them, since they rely on gentlemens aggreements, but I find them great fun. Simply put, NEF servers are Neutral force only. Usually set at jedi master level, you are free to use saber skills (throw) and neutral powers (jump, push, pull, speed, seeing), but any usage of either light or dark side powers leads to immediate ban.

It is strictly a matter of prefernce, and until someone figures out a clever way for server admins to disable specific force powers, it relies on a mutual aggreement that all players respect. Personally, I will never go back, except to grip the occasional fodder ;]

Originally posted by caelestis

The bottom line is that there needs to be an option to only have neutral powers enabled. I personally just like saber fighting, occasionally force is fun, but it seems to make people forget they are even holding a lightsaber.

Agreed. The 'aggressive' force powers wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact they can so easily be abused to cause duels to end in utter stalemate, which ruins any fun.

only thing i would want changed in a patch is to change the crosshair to a small dot (very difficult to aim with the rifle with the current crosshair) or make it selectable + make rolling possible with guns as well (and in 1st person) + remove the short period after roll where you cant move at all

Well I see your point now Mattman... I guess I have just been lucky since I haven't met such morons as you describe on any servers yet. BUT I still think drain is a problem too... I feel somehow that the force power is sacred and shouldn't be touched. I would rather see that Drain drained health... perhaps at half speed compared to lightning and then the dark jedi used THAT to heal... would feel much better and work perfectly too I think. There would be no whoring of drain since it would not give a great advantage... just damage the opponent and heal you.

Oh and I never play on duel servers... they suck IMO. You get much better duels on FFA servers ;) Then you only have force jump and the three saber skills.

Archived