Home

MP MOD Idea: Capture The ATST

JCronic

I think it would be pretty cool to have a more interesting type MP match than Capture The Flag. How about Capture The ATST? Since there is an ATST that is drivable in SP, we could make a MP map that has one ATST in the middle of the map and each team needs to try and capture it and bring it back to there base to score a point. Or there could be an objective based map where the ATST is located at the Red(Imperial) Base and the Blue(Rebel) Team needs to try and capture it and bring it back to there base before a certain amount of time runs out. For these type maps, I would try to limit the amount of heavy weapons on the map because if everybody grabbed a rocket launcher nodody would ever beable to bring the ATST back to there base before somebody blows it up. What do you guys think?

I think it would also be kinda fun to have a huge flat battleground map like Hoth and have like 10 ATST's, 5 on each side, and battle eachother with ATST's.

The ATST's are just begging to be incorperated into an MP game, somebody has to do something with them.

hehe, I like that idea a lot.

Reminds of the Tribes 2 bit where you had to chase the person with the flag around the map.

I can imagine it'd work quite well with an ATST, only issue, as you mentioned, would be spam. Limited number of players OR limited weapons use.

Either way a fun concept :)

Archived