Home

New Darth Maul skin...

Evan Nash

I've seen people make a Darth Maul skin using the hooded Reborn skin...

Here's an idea..

Why not make a Darth Maul model that looks like this picture here:

http://www.curtis-web.com/forsaken/maul1.jpg

You can take say, Luke's body, re-paintit, add a huge sash-belt thing like Maul has, then just make the head.

Simple.

Someone out there dare to take on this challenge?

For another picture to use as a reference, go here:

http://www.curtis-web.com/forsaken/maul2.jpg

ya cuz the square heads looked so great in the first JK

anyways without the model it will just look stupid, its not just about the scheme its also about the outline. no matter how good of an artist you are the top of the head will still look silly

I want to do it.

The character i want to do wears clothes similar to Maul's.

I would only have to add the horns and reskin the face.

Plus, I will try to do some Jedi/Sith like skins wearing more robe like clothing.

But that will have to wait until the SDK comes out.

The proper tools for doing all that stuff won't be release for a while.

Deal with it

lol in my mandalore skin thread you got all pissy cause i was going to do a skin wearing mandalore armor without the helmet, and said it wouldnt be worth it to make that skin if i couldnt do a helmet. now you're acknowledging our limitations without an sdk and saying that someone should make darth maul with what we have available, extra polygons or no? damned hypocrite.

Absath, pay no attention to Evan. He has no clue what he is talking about. No artist could create horns on Maul without making a new model...You can't just add horns to an existing model with the current tools we have. He has yet to produce a skin of his own and keeps critiquing ours as if he's the expert.

you cant just "repaint" luke, because luke has HAIR. It would look really ODD with darth maul having this weird ass bump on the top of his head. The only real way to counter this would be to use the reborn doods with the hood. but someone already did this, and it didnt look that good. I think that it would help if we could get some converters and use max for custom models.

Evan, Net is right. That guy doing the Vader model is using 3ds max. I have Lightwave which I believe will work just as well. But none of that matters. Why? Because we don't have the proper tools to convert our 3d models into actual playable characters! As soon as those tools are released you will start to see a bunch of new models, including your precious Darth Maul with spikes on his head.

Archived