Home

Real cool saber move

Kippla

hey,

This may have been talked about somewhere already, but not that I've seen.

Anyway, it's a real cool move I've seen done but dunno how to do. It's the one where you do a big flip up in the air, then land down kinda on your knee, with the saber in one hand sticking up in the air. I've done it by accident but no one seems to know how to reproduce it.

Any of you guys know what I'm talking bout? I really wanna know how it's done coz it looks cool and packs a punch.

thnx :D

Whoa! XorKaya, calm down.

Our friend here needs a hand, instead of sitting at ur computer yelling at the screen "LOOK AT THE MANUAL" maybe u could just tell him.

Which is what i will do...This move is done by chosing the 3rd lightsaber stance, it goes blue (fast, but weak), yellow (slow, but more powerful), red (very slow, but 1-2 hit kill). Now, to shift through saber stances it is bound to "L", to change it just find it in controls, i find the easiest key is "R". Now, to do this move chose RED, and jump (as high as you want), click attack, and your saber will be swung over your head and slashed down.

Now if u catch a player shifting through a force, etc, this is the perfect move. It is also an excellent finish move...

Happy Saber-ing!

erm, nope that aint the move. If you have actually seen the move in action you would know what I'm talking about. It's rarely done coz no one I've played knows how to do it. Seems to come out only when the keyboard's mashed.

You flip a couple times in the air and even spin around i think, then you land down in a crouch with saber in one hand sticking right up, and you stay in that pose for a bit, and if anyone touches the saber they're basically dead.

It's definatley not just a jump and slash kinda move.

- and if you're thinking of giving me a "N()()B!! N00B1!!" reply, then actually tell me how it's done and prove your "L33tniz"

Yeah I know the move... I was tryin to figure it out myself earlier... I know it's a medium stance move... besides that not too sure... I saw a guy today who was doing it consistently but he wouldn't tell =/

Is it anti-air? The pose lasts forever so I thought the real attack came in the air, but then I was hit by the pose and it HURT...

sico you sure? *looks through manual* I don't see it... anyhow is it just that, forward+jump+slash, or do you need to slash first like in the big chop for strong? -edit- No, not that one.

This attack is on page 23 of the game manual, and is akin to the first attack Obi-Wan attempts on Darth Maul at the start of duel of the fates from SW Ep1.

:yobi:

The buttons are forward + jump + attack, but there must be a target directly in front of you (or at least was when you initiate the move).

:ben:

In MP, this one's very hard to time, so the best thing to do is go into SP, put God mode up and SetForceAll 3 and practice while Force speed is on until you get an understanding of the timing.

:yobi:

ok, first off... i didn't mean to sound like i was yelling... if i'd meant you yell i would have used caps.... my apologies for sounding arrogant about

second, it is in the manual... and i can pull it off most of the time i try it in multiplayer... the trick about it is, the enemy has to be directly in front of you, and DONT do a force jump... it doesn't tell you that, but it works best if you just tap the jump key rather than holding it

I know exactly what he s talking about and you guys are telling the wrong move ( that s not death from above !!!!)...

The bad point about his move is that when u land , it s takes hell of a time to recover ( that s exaxt , u land on one knee with one hand touching the ground and the saber is up above your head)..

I don t know to do it but im pretty sure u must be in stongh stance to performe the action and since it s very hard to do it , then maybe there must be some conditiion ( like all special moves )

The very powerful move where you jump forward and land on your knee is done like this:

in strong stance, swing your saber. Doesn't matter what kind of move, just do a move. Then tap forward and jump and fire... that's it.

It can be compared to the spinning in light and medium, it has to be the second move to work. You can't ever do that move before you do another.

Oh and if you sidestep-fire first. (the swing with the big horizontal radius), you have to wait a while before you can do this move. Like half-way into the sidestep-fire move...

I hope I'm being clear enough..

agh... yes, that is how you do it... medium mode... it's a flip with your feet pointing up, when you land the sabre is up and at a bit of an angle, it takes time to recover leaving you defenseless aside from turning the mouse left and right

enemy in front, forward + jump + attack ... the jump is not a force jump... the timing is odd... it's not all exactly the same time, but slightly off... you have to fool around with it to do it effectively

i tried showing my friend how to do it (in persone, ie at the same comp) and he couldnt't do it... its a tricky move, but once you get it, you can do it almost all the time at will

Yes, it is the medium stance. Now for those of you who are confused, this is a fast acrobatic move in which you do a kind of cartweel/flip over your opponent while slashing them, once past the midpoint of the flip you have spun to face the opponent and land crouched with your left hand on the ground and right hand holding the saber high. The move as stated before, is slash+forward+jump right in front of the opponent. I myself have mastered this move and use it CONSTANTLY in that new level "ladder". I have also learned that if timed right the strike has a very high damage level. As a matter of fact, in the bespin level where the reborns come out from behind the obelisks (washington monument things) I used this move imediately and killed one of them before he could take his first swing.

Heres a pic of the move.

cartweelstrike.jpg The skin by the way is my Official Phantom Knights Clan skin "Dark Kyle 2.0" exclusive only to members. By the way the scene in TPM is when Obi Wan cuts darth maul's saber in half and knocks him down. Obi then does this move but maul blocks it

Ok, I have noticed alot of people are saying no, its this and no its this. One thing I havent noticed is this, when doing this move, it is like the SP version BUT, in SP you have to be right up on top of the person. If you do this in MP you will kick the person, there is no kick in SP. That is why you do have to be in front of the person but not against him like in SP, you have some distance to time it. You dont have to be so close that you are almost touching the person, but it is like stated above, forward+jump(tap jump+attack in medium(yellow) stance.

There seems to be another cool over head flip move - you can either jump over their head and slash down while you are above them and do a curled up slash down as you go over them or if you do a jump and then a reverse hadouken on the keyboard (down to across) and hit attack when you are above their head you don't curl up but almost cartwheel in mid - air slash down and turn so you are facing towards them and behind them.

This is VERY powerfull I took out a reborn by doing this and chaining it into a normal left to right slash when I landed.

Archived