Home

Game Freeze

justiz33

Ok i get to the one top part in Bespin under city where you get to the one ledge and a cut scene apears and kyle says like " i feel a disturbance in the force. . .. ." and you see him from far away and it freezes.. nothing happens and it just sits there. I cant hit a few keys and hear some noises and i got to the console and 2 lines came up in yellow:

Couldnt find image for shader [nomaterial]

Couldnt find image for shader gfx/2d/crosshairj

then after a while i get an error that flashes up from the game and it reads:

ERROR:

CL_getServerCommand:

a reliable command was cycled out.

someone please help. any of the game programmers out there?

• 3 weeks later...

Not knowing what type of GPU you guys are using, makes this tough to figure out. But the screen locks are most likely not the game! It may be your graphic processing unit (vid card). If you are using a G-Force2 or G-Force 3 and have them over clocked, turn down your core and mem. settings and try again...

You may be at a level change too, which takes time to load. Wait about a minute or two ( don't start hitting control keys just wait) if you still are locked up, and have a o/c gpu turn it down...

I had some lock ups too. But after I turned my core speed, and mem. speed down it worked fine. Then I turned them back up with out a glitch. Oh one more thing, "DEFRAG" this game is tough on your HD (very tough). As a rule of thumb I defrag after every gaming session!

On the over clocking your GPU part, I have a G-Force 2 Ti 450 64meg DDR made by Gainware, and I have it blasting at 300mhz on the core, and 450 on the mem. I can't believe that I haven't burned it up yet :) . But try the things I've mentioned and see if that won't help you out. Good luck...

~Nomad~

Nomad's Place II

:duel:

If it dose turn out to be the game install. You can go into the main files of the game. Here you'll find a file labeled "Base" in there is a saved games file. Copy your saved games file, then paste some where else that you won't forget. Then uninstall the game, and all pertaining files. Then reinstall the game. Now go get your saved games file, and replace the file in the JK2 base file with your saved file...

That will let you continue on with out starting from scratch ;)

~Nomad~

:duel:

Archived