Home

OpenGL fail in WinXP

amnmarshall

Hey could anyone help me with an issue that I seem to be having with JK2 and WinXP? Here is the issue: I do a system analyize, which comes back passed. Then I install the game and after it is finished I click play single player and it does the OpenGL_subsystem thing which pops up with OpenGL_Subsystem Fail in Red, So I go and down load the newest drivers for my Nivida Riva TNT2 vid card and try all over again and the same thing happens with OpenGL_Sunsystem Fail. I am at loss with trying to get JK2 to work on WinXP, I emailed Lucasarts to see if they could help me trouble shoot the issue but here it is 11 days and no response. I thank greatly whoever can help me get JK2 up and running on my WinXP. This is somewhat of a challange my father (a Gateway Tech), and I have not been able to figure it out.:ewok:

This is more of a work-around than a fix.

Make a desktop-shortcut to the single-player executable.

Right-click the shortcut then choose the compatibility tab.

Put a tick in the 'Run this program in ...' box then choose Windows 98.

If it works you may find that you cannot alter the screen gamma from within the game and may have to do this from your screen properties in XP.

I have had many problems with win xp and the nvidia card (geforce 2) basically i have to install the latest drivers, play the game then after i get out of the game anywhere from immediately to an hour later my computer will lock up and reboot. (so if i want that to stop i have to roll back the drivers to the windows version (which doesnt support openGL) and do other things.) I have tried multiple drivers (beta, official nvidia, and leaked) and the only difference i have found is the time it takes after i exit the game for my computer to reboot. So if you do the pain in the @$$ thing that i do everytime i want to play a game that used openGL you should be fine. I cant wait until nvidia puts out a driver that passes windows xp testing and is approved.

Archived