Home

to all those who are running servers

BacMeth

i wanna see more STJ servers

plz mention STJ (saber throw and jump, no other forces allowed)

in the servers names when host one...

to those who havent tried it yet... trust me

its alot more fun (if you're skilled enough to fight without cheap drain, lightning and healing)

just join a duel and ask your opponent for a STJ duel

if they dont know what it is tell em that it's

saber throw and jump force only and that no other forces are allowed

btw, it's SJT :)

I'm proud to say i'm the inventer of this acronym... (I invented SJT, maybe others invented STJ, but I doubt it)

I just yelled on people (in my server)... "SJT only you lamers!!"

and in some other server..

I'm glad it catched on.

Anyways, there's a problem disabling all forces but Throw and Jump... don't ask.. but honorable ppl use only these forces if agreed on.

In the dedicated server forum, there is a discussion on how to restrict this right out so that jump and throw are the only forces available. As soon as it is figured out, I'll switch my server to it. As I hope many other will too. Until then, how can you trust people not to use heal, etc?

What's with all the badmouthing of force powers? I seriously don't understand why people think drain is somehow "cheap", when it's available to all and easily countered by the light side's Absorb. It's a balanced power, and it makes the matches more interesting because then you actually have to worry about other things than just your saber. It adds another layer of strategy to the duels, and if you don't like getting drained, figure out how to defend against it.

- [PMV] Joker

I can't speak for the others, but I'm not saying force powers are cheap. However, I (and from the sound of it many others) would like the option to play on a server where force powers were severely restricted. All I am saying is give us the option on the server end, so that if we want to play sjt only then join an sjt only server.

It is like the guns v saber argument. If you don't want to get shot with guns, join a saber only server.

My biggest beef with lots of mp games is - if it is a valid option, use it. If I am on a server with full force powers, I don't want someone telling me not to use them to my advantage. If you put it on the server from the beginning, then everyone knows (and is forced to use) the rules. If they don't like them, then there are hundreds of other servers out there.

heh lol STJ was developped by me and 2 other german guys while we were dueling and dissing a drain whore

one of those guys was called schnuffel... i dont remember the other ones name...

STJ is !S!aber !T!hrow and !J!ump only

whats SJT? Saber Jump Throw?

anyway... maybe i've heard your SJT somewhere but cant remember it

but i think that it was our own idea....

it doesnt really matter to me who invented it

i just think that all other ppl should know it

it really doesnt matter if they know SJT or STJ but i'll continue calling it STJ :p

SJT > STJ :-P

But who cares...

You guys saying: "Why do you say drain is cheap ... " and so on...

But I'd like to explain. Forces are a great thing, weapons are a great thing, somehow sv_cheats 1 is a great thing... but the fact is, for variation, people prefer different settings. The fact Raven made these specific modes doesn't mean a variation can't be better...

so guys, no need to argue, that's not the relevant issue...

Originally posted by Soul-Burn

SJT > STJ :-P

But who cares...

You guys saying: "Why do you say drain is cheap ... " and so on...

But I'd like to explain. Forces are a great thing, weapons are a great thing, somehow sv_cheats 1 is a great thing... but the fact is, for variation, people prefer different settings. The fact Raven made these specific modes doesn't mean a variation can't be better...

so guys, no need to argue, that's not the relevant issue...

agreed with all of that stuff

seems like you invented the SJT earlier than we invented STJ

*gets down on his knees and starts prostrating* :D

and you're right about that other stuff too

of course you can counter some forces

but 2 jedi's healing themselves all the time is almost like both have god mode enabled

it'll force the others to use slow stance just to have a chance to kill em.. or use drain to prevent them from using healing

then theres absorb

well a drain versus absorb match is kinda stupid

then one who hits the force key faster wins....

i just enjoy fighting with someone in equal conditions...

thats why i like STJ ( :p :p :p :p :p @ soul-burn )

oh btw soulburn.. do you have icq or aim? i wanna fight you :)

my icq# 126731959

my aim: KingMacBeth666

Archived