Home

"Pre-SDK" .pk3 compilation or better yet...

Delmar

I've now heard several people mention creating a BFP-type .pk3 file that contains a ton of skins, etc. Well, here's my thought: with the SDK to be released imminently (is that too optimistic?), we should organize in some fashion to have all skins that have been released up to that point compiled into one "Pre-SDK" .pk3 file.

My thinking is that once player models can be created and placed within the game, player editing will take on a somewhat different angle. It would nice be nice to have a milestone that has all player skins up to a certain point.

In fact, why not create one set area (like BFP was) that was the authority in terms of housing these player mods. Instead of just pre-SDK, it could perhaps archive monthly all skins that have been submitted... I'm not saying that my site should be the place to keep this (shameless plug: http://www.reid.cx - just my stupid blog which doesnt even have it's JO page up yet- but its on the way) :) - I don't care who takes care of it, as long as they're consistent and dedicated to doing it. I just want everyone to be on the same page. Right now I have to hunto down skin mods on like 3 or 4 different sites just to makes sure I have everything (yes, I'm obsessive compulsive)... Does this idea seem worthwhile?

I would be more than willing to provide all hosting since I own my own domain and web server so there won't be any worries about ads or space but if someone else wants to do it, then that's fine too.

DeTRiTiC-iQ: yes- but what i am suggesting is a site whose sole effort is creating and housing these specific compilation packs- not just single files that are uploaded willy-nilly. like i said, the only purpose would be to act as an "authority" on the subject.

Archived