Home

Nostromo n50 profile?

emackn

I've got a couple too if you want them, one is for the Dark and one for Light Side.

Have any of you found a way to do a saber combo macro? Meaning stringing a series of lightsaber attack moves onto one key? I tried but it didn't work.

Interesting question, Rogue74. Hadn't thought of doing that. What you might want to do, regarding combo moves, is create an 'alias' in your autoexec.cfg file, and assign it to one of the buttons. I figure it would execute faster than assigning a keypad macro anyway.....

I looked at the Belkin provided profile, but it was just too many keys for my liking (bad memory, no dexterity on my part...hehe). Plus, I play other games with this, and remembering all the key combos was just too much for each game.

I went 'simple' with mine (I play as Light, Saber-Only).

Key Function

01 Saber On/Off

02 Force Pull

03 Forward

04 Force Push

05 Absorb

06 Crouch

07 Left

08 Back

09 Right

10 Heal

Pad Left Jump

Pad Up Scores

Mouse1 Attack

Mouse2 Alt. Attack

Whl Clk Saber Style

Wheel Prev/Next weapon (for the few times I play on non-saber-only servers

I found I had to remove the 'Handrest' that comes with this, because it was making my forearm hurt like hell! Anyone else have this prob?

I'd also be interested in seeing some other configs........:)

I actually made a graphic that I print and use to set up and keep track of my profiles, feel free to give it a try;

n50 Profile Template

I'd appreciate any ideas on improvemnt or general feedback if you take the time to check it out :)

My JKII profile(a work in progress);

Key Function

01 Green Shift

02 Red Shift

03 Forward

04 Force Speed (Blue: Lightsaber)

05 Use (Blue: 1st/3rd person, Green: Datapad/scores)

06 Blue Shift

07 Left

08 Back

09 Right

10 LightSaber Style (Blue: Force Absorb)

Pad Left Crouch (Blue: Use Force, Green: Walk/Run, Red: Use Inv.)

Pad Right Bacta (Blue: Force Heal)

Pad Up Force Push (Blue: Next Force, Green: Binoculars, Red: Nxt. Inv.)

Pad Down Force Pull (Blue: Previous Force, Red: Prev. Inventory)

Mouse1 Attack

Mouse2 Jump

Whl Clk Alt Attack

Wheel Prev/Next weapon

My positioning of force powers and what-not is based mostly on my single player experience as I've yet to play much multiplayer ('cept for some nifty 4-way lan battles) And by "Up" on the pad I mean away from myself, right would be towards the table, etc.

I've edited mine a bit too.

It's pretty simple now.

It's more for SP than MP.

1) Pull

2) Push

3) Forward

4) Speed (Shift - Lightning)

5) Heal (Shift - Grip)

6) Blue Shift

7) Strafe Left

8) Back

9) Strafe Right

10) Lightsaber toggle

D-pad

Forward - Use Item

Up - Jump

Down - Crouch

Back - Lightsaber style toggle

I just bought mine at lunch. I'll look at the setup this weekend. No one is using any weapons cycling on thiers? What about inventory? Still using keyboard?

I saw a morrowind profile that one of the devs uses that includes cycling thru weapons and spells, which is what made it seem great for this game.

I think i got a repackaged one. In the manual on page 3 is a bunch of handwritten stuff on the top with various config things. Like 1 for red shift 3 is forward etc.

I don't supposed anyone elses manual has hand written stuff in it do they? Damn comp usa.

Originally posted by steeef

so is there a good reason for not using the d-pad for forward/back/left/right? i noticed most of you use the keys instead.

It's more of a tactile/feel thing, imo. I found it to not be as responsive as assigning keys to movement. Then again, I've spoken with a few people who've always used sticks/pads for their FPS gaming, and they said the Dpad was fine by them....

Give it a shot, and see what you think, is the best I can come up with....

Need a little help here guys

After about ten attempts to load the thing, i finanlly got it working. Problem is , whenever i start the game with it in the usb port, my mouse is non functional. I mean it stays in the upper left corner of the jk2 load screen and won't move. If i unplug the n50, the mouse will return to normal.

When i plug the n50 in after i load the game, the entire screen goes nutso, like something is being held down. It turns in every direction.

I did get it to work properly once, that was when i disabled the virtual mouse in hardware manager, closed that, went back in, re-enabled the virtual mouse, and then loaded the game. that time only it worked. It does not work if the virtual mouse is left disabled.

SO, how can i use this thing with my current logitech mouse and not have it go haywire? Do i have a defective unit? So far i'm not to impressed with this.

Hmmm.

I don't have a USB mouse anymore, so don't know if there's a conflict.

One thing I did find was if I enabled the joystick, my mouse would flake out like yours does (in the second part of your post).

This happened AFTER I upgraded to the 2.3 drivers, btw....it worked fine with the original 2.2 drivers from the CD (I haven't tried rolling back yet....).

Try disabling the joystick in the config menu, and see what happens..........

Cool to see so many people using the n50. I used to use a key to scroll thru force powers and inv, and another key to select. But then as I progressed in the game, realised you just had to assign a seperate key for each force power. Havent tried it in mp, but think it should be good (only my lack of skill will defeat me...).

I get this problem with my usb mouse tho, not sure if its the n50 conflicting. Small problem, the mouse wheel seems to move by itself (and so changes weapons). Might just be a hyper-sensitive wheel, but bloody annoying (like when your saber shuts down and you bring up the basic gun instead in the middle of a firefight).

I dont use any profiles with the n50, I just map all the buttons on it and then change the key config in the games. Seems easier.

Bort that works, i use that too. But some games require slightly different configs than others. If you have a profile that autoloads with each game's .exe file then you get the maximum flexibility.

am i the only one that wishes he could bind one of the color mode switches to one of the dpad directions?

Archived