Home

New JK2 Log parser is out

Wintrmte

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question answered, I just didn't know for certain if you had taken log-rotations into account in the parser.

I cron the job every 2 hours for the parser, that's plenty accurate for my tastes. I have a script that runs every morning at 7am now which brings down the server, parses/archives the log and restarts the server. It seems to be working quite well.

-h

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i'm not very experienced with this.

I installed the script, and it seems to be running fine, i get no error messages and it generates the .html output file, except it stays empty. ( except for the stylesheet etc., just no data from log )

The log file excists and has player data in it,

What am I doing wrong ?:confused:

Originally posted by crazy_elmo

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i'm not very experienced with this.

I installed the script, and it seems to be running fine, i get no error messages and it generates the .html output file, except it stays empty. ( except for the stylesheet etc., just no data from log )

The log file excists and has player data in it,

What am I doing wrong ?:confused:

Which logfile are you specifying? By default, the script uses the information that the server writes to the jedi.log file (unless you have renamed it). You can specify the logfile on the command line to test it..

logparse.pl -logfile <path to your logfile>

Originally posted by Wintrmte

Which logfile are you specifying? By default, the script uses the information that the server writes to the jedi.log file (unless you have renamed it). You can specify the logfile on the command line to test it..

logparse.pl -logfile <path to your logfile>

Thanks for the tip, it works great now !!!

I got it up and running with a cron job that update's the data every 20 minutes.

You can see it over here

http://jedi-outcast.no-ip.com/jedi/player-stats.html

:lsduel:

If you still had a copy of the very first logparse script you made. I liked its simplicity.

And was also good to teach myself how to search strings for informationan and then how to manipulate that data using perl.

Thanx

:atat:

Is there currently any way of getting it to display only certain weapons? I run a duel server, and statistics of blasters and whatnot would be inappropriate. There seems to be an option in the logparse.pl itself, but it says that the feature should not be used, as it is broken at the moment. Is there another way?

/Loon

Originally posted by Loon

Is there currently any way of getting it to display only certain weapons? I run a duel server, and statistics of blasters and whatnot would be inappropriate. There seems to be an option in the logparse.pl itself, but it says that the feature should not be used, as it is broken at the moment. Is there another way?

/Loon

It is broken in the sense that you cannot specify multiple weapons to ONLY display. But, it *should* work if you replace the all with MOD_SABER

This should only display lightsaber weapon stats..

I run a saber only server, so to make all non-saber weaps show I commented out the weapons in the weapon define block of ther perl script that I didn't want. Pretty easy.

So, I am at work, and don;t have the script on me, but if you look in the perl script where you can change the names from MOD_SABER to Lightsaber, for example, put a # character in front of every weapon line that you don't want.

I was wondering if there is a way to add in the choice of which stat to rank the main stats by? What I mean is this - the main stats are currently ranked by the number of kills. This doesn't necessarily mean that the top people are good - it just means they play a lot, and if the stats are up for awhile, then it might mean they are a regular on the server.

Because of this, I would like to rank the main stats by efficiency rating, so regardless of whether a player is a newb to the server or a regular, the top people listed in the stats are truly the top players.

Originally posted by geronimo27

I run a saber only server, so to make all non-saber weaps show I commented out the weapons in the weapon define block of ther perl script that I didn't want. Pretty easy.

So, I am at work, and don;t have the script on me, but if you look in the perl script where you can change the names from MOD_SABER to Lightsaber, for example, put a # character in front of every weapon line that you don't want.

I was wondering if there is a way to add in the choice of which stat to rank the main stats by? What I mean is this - the main stats are currently ranked by the number of kills. This doesn't necessarily mean that the top people are good - it just means they play a lot, and if the stats are up for awhile, then it might mean they are a regular on the server.

Because of this, I would like to rank the main stats by efficiency rating, so regardless of whether a player is a newb to the server or a regular, the top people listed in the stats are truly the top players.

]

You bet. The next version will generate different stats screens that are sorted by Rank, Skill, Death, Suicides, etc.

I would like to point out the reason why I am doing static .html vs. going the PHP, ASP route.. (Since I've been emailed numerous times about this).

Not everyone uses servers that support PHP, or ASP. Going the static .html route is the easiest route to take, since it guarentee's (sp?) that the user can display the pages.

I'm still having some flakey behavior with log rotations, tack that on to your list stoof.

If possible I'd love to see an additive mode of some kind that could be used on a per-file basis. The mode would parse a single log file in its entirety adding those stats to it's recorded stats.

No line count, no half-done games or anything. Just a parse from start to finish of a single file which would end at EOF or the last piece of good data (in the case of a server crash)

I'd rather cron that with my log rotator script than mess with the incremental stuff, it just seems to miss too much data within my current scheme.

-h

Why would it be doing this.

I run logparse.pl -logfile jedi.log (as it sits in the same directory for now).

And I get the following error message -

Found the last line of the logfile

It writes the .html file, with no stats, just updates the time the stats were run.

Originally posted by Sysgod

Why would it be doing this.

I run logparse.pl -logfile jedi.log (as it sits in the same directory for now).

And I get the following error message -

Found the last line of the logfile

It writes the .html file, with no stats, just updates the time the stats were run.

I had the same problem, but with me it turned out that I was using the wrong logfile. The server creates 2 files, the one I use is called game.log ( by default ). Doesn't hurt to check this out...

Originally posted by crazy_elmo

I had the same problem, but with me it turned out that I was using the wrong logfile. The server creates 2 files, the one I use is called game.log ( by default ). Doesn't hurt to check this out...

Cool, that's what it was. u rox! :evanpiel:

Archived