Home

Special Moves

Deboze

I will try to just post the ones that I know off the top of my head.

Light stance (blue) -Upward Thrust

while crouched hit forward then attack, if done quickly enough you will thrust upward, does some decent damage, and doesnt really leave you open for an attack against you.

Heavy stance (red) -Downward Power Thrust

Start to move in any direction and as soon as you see you move is about to end quickly hit forward+jump, this hits very hard and it lunges forward and leaves you wide open for an attack though. It does really hit hard though.

Medium stance (yellow) -Spinning Upsidedown Swipe

While someone is in front of you, not close enough to be touching hit Jump+forward+attack, you will do the flip forward and attack downward move you see in SP.

Jump (dont think it matter what stance) -Kicks

With level 2 or 3 not sure exactly, but it has to be over 1, just run up to someone and right when you are just touching the person, Jump, it will do a kick and knock the person down, does 20 points to health, doesnt hurt shields.

Also don't forget that while you're doing the wall run, you can jump off. :) It's even better.

There's also moves to get people behind you... A combination of back+attack while someone is behind you, will do a neato move.

The blue stance will do a backstab, yellow and red will do a "leg sweep" kinda move.

I've been trying to perfect this one in the single player (especially the Ladder level that came out recently);

Cartwheel Swipe: In medium stance, hit attack to start a saber swing with an opponent in front of you, then forward+jump+attack - you'll cartwheel over your opponent and swing at their head while you're airborne.

I'll keep practicing, but it's a very very cool looking manoeuver when you manage to pull it off. :)

Ugh... I hate people like "Deboze"

They have the nerve to come on the official forums and ask such questions! Don't make it too obvious that you pirated the game there buddy!!

I usually run into these simpletons in the online multi games, asking lame a$$ questions that are right there infront of you in the manuals. I'll always answer by telling them to look through their manual, of coarse they'll keep asking others for the next few minutes until they get fed up with me or anyone else doing this and confess by saying something along the lines of: "I warez it you a$$hole!!!"

OH and Deboze, if you didn't pirate this software then look in your manual!

Originally posted by [Dom_Pmd]

They have the nerve to come on the official forums and ask such questions! Don't make it too obvious that you pirated the game there buddy!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to shatter your iron-clad worldview there, tough guy, but people that ask questions haven't necessarily pirated the game, no matter how much you want to think they do. The manual doesn't tell you how to run up the walls, nor does it tell you that you can kick people by jumping off of them. So before you berate someone for something you 'think' they did, perhaps you should read what they said, and help make this a forum where the free exchange of ideas is encouraged. That is, afterall, what a forum is.

Like my boy Cube says, "Chickity-Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

Originally posted by theorphan

Originally posted by [Dom_Pmd]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to shatter your iron-clad worldview there, tough guy, but people that ask questions haven't necessarily pirated the game, no matter how much you want to think they do. The manual doesn't tell you how to run up the walls, nor does it tell you that you can kick people by jumping off of them. So before you berate someone for something you 'think' they did, perhaps you should read what they said, and help make this a forum where the free exchange of ideas is encouraged. That is, afterall, what a forum is.

Like my boy Cube says, "Chickity-Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

Call me jaded then, cause I see too much of this! Only reason why I would come off like this...

if you hold any 2 direction keys in the medium stance and hold attack as well you do some sort of spinning attack. You'll also do one if you strafe to one side.

light stance is pretty much meduim stance sped up.

there is only one combo that I'm aware of in heavy you can spin indefinetly in heavy as well but I forget how to do it. I haven't played with it to much and I couldn't duplicate it the second time I tried. :p

there is only one combo that I'm aware of in heavy you can spin indefinetly in heavy as well but I forget how to do it.

I believe thats a SP only thing but since the original poster didnt say wether or not he wanted SP or MP, I guess it stands but it isnt considered a "special" move. Handy but not special. As far as the kicks go, you can also strafe jump kick. If you strafe against a person while hitting jump you will kick them to the side.

actually I know what BlacKnight is talking about. In strong stance I did R+Attack for the huge sweeping horizontal slash, and somehow I managed to keep it going for like 4 consecutive sweeps. Those damn Reborn Fencers fell apart like the French at the Maginot Line.

while moving in any direction let go of the direction button and pres and hold jump at the very same seccond you let go.. if done corectly, you should pull This move off... looks kinda like a dive or something.. very intimidating to dive towards your opponent ;-)

Originally posted by theorphan

The manual doesn't tell you how to run up the walls, nor does it tell you that you can kick people by jumping off of them.

If you look on the CD (might be in the Gamedata directory too - can't remember!), you'll find a file called readme.txt (yup, the old fave that no-one ever reads - including me!)

In this it details some of the "special" moves that aren't in the manual such as wall-walking, rolling, wall jumps and other moves that are listed above. (Think most of them have been listed above.)

There's also some other information about changes made to the manual.

Still hasnt manage to pull out the that move :

Downward Power Thrust

Start to move in any direction and as soon as you see you move is about to end quickly hit forward+jump, this hits very hard and it lunges forward and leaves you wide open for an attack though. It does really hit hard though.

i just cant seem to see my move about to end ???

Maxx, the best way to do that heavy move is to hit forward and attack while in heavy stance. Then when your saber is about halfway through the strike hit jump+forward+attack at the same time and you'll leap forward and do a similar attack, just whiling jumping forward at them.

This attack is an instant kill and is unblockable too, so if you see it coming...RUN

The heavy stance special is very powerful. I have never seen it *not* kill instantly when it lands on the target. Problem with it is that anyone who know how to do it will see you winding up for it. It just takes too long to execute and can be easily dodged (strafe away). Also, it is not un-blockable. I block it regularly. I used to think it was unblockable but someone pulled a neat trick on me that I had to start using: When you see the attack coming prepare to kick them in the face, with the right timing they will never get their special off. Just before they land run+kick. it knock them down every time. It takes practice, and you will die alot working on the timing ;).

--STUPidflY

(**note: I am pretty sure you havn't mentioned this so if you have, please forgive me - if you havn't let me be the first to say...)

Oh man guys! Guys!! GUYS!!!

You are totally forgetting the best yet hardest move to acomplish! I'm astounded and ashamed!

It's called the "Backwards Stab" - where you Jab the saber right into the person behind you. There are different ways to perform this nasty yet efficient move.

Light - Perform while crouching, does a good deal of damage. Only two more hits from Light nescessary.

Medium - If done correctly can deal out enough damage as the Strong stance. (Meaning only 1 more hit required for kill - special instances maybe 2)

Strong - Very deadly as I have seen, yet not tried myself.

(actually I am sure most of you know 'of' it, yet only tried it in SP. But I am positive you havn't mentioned it here, so I am instead)

Cheers ;)

Archived