Home

Dasann SO EASY!!!!?

[FLA]Lord-Hanke

Hey, somebody else from good ol' Cambridge!!

Anyway, have to agree, killing Desann was quick compared to fighting his sidekick earlier in the game but guess that is down to having more force powers and practising on those unborn all through the game...

Now to get stuck into MP!

Evil Weasel :atat:

dont know what you guys are talking abuot... im playing on Hard so maybe its not quite as easy to kill him (i kept dying)

but then i realized that of the 4 pillars that were on the lower level, only 3 of them were still standing. I noticed you can destroy them. So i lured him behind one, slashed it, and he was squished. There was a cutscene for it, so im guessing thats what you're supposed to do... dont know what the buttons were for.

I played it on 'Jedi' difficulty. Those buttons activate the red beam in the middle of the room. If you stand in the beam it temporarily makes you really strong. I killed Desann in 2 tries. I just jumped in the beam, put force speed on and kept swingin till the big lizard was out of commision. What a great game! The best since Half-Life in my opinion.

do you really want to know what they do???

Are you sure you just don't want to try it???

OK i will tell you...

They give you god mode for a short time (best way i can discribe it, i didn't take any damage to shields or health.)

Took me about 2 tries to kill him, but I also agree it was so easy because we've got so much force powers and experience killing the Reborn and Shadowtroops(?) [forget their names, :p]...

I actually find Shadowtroopers to have been, and still be, a lot harder then Dessan.

Very strange, I kept hopping around and slashing like a maniac, keeping Force Speed at all times. Well, I actually landed on Dessan, knocking him down and then I just saber rolled over him; killing him.

Very anti-climax, if you ask me... :(

yeah he was pretty easy w/ force speed on, i just hit him in the back a lot, but u gotta admit it's a better end boss than the rather large baby from half-life!

also i am almost done w/ the game on Jedi Master and I have a feeling he will be much harder this time around, Tavion sure was!

The first 10 or so times I faced him he was impossible, he kept throwing me to the ground which took like 5 seconds to get up. His force grip isn't counterable, at least with push and pull anyway. I came on to the forum and was surprised at how easy everyone beat him. Anyways force speed made all the difference, that red beam in the middle helped a bit too. If you want a challenge try fighting him without force speed, it is soooo much harder. I was playing on normal (jedi) mode.

I thought Dessan was a wimp compared to the Admiral. Took me maybe 3 tries to get him. The Admiral took me many many more, even after reading how to kill him. Jerec took FOREVER to kill.

I have to say I was really impressed with JKII. Nice attention to detail and it was fun using the new-and-improved force powers. Fighting the reborn definitely made it more fun. Add in the extra little neat things you get to do for variety (remote control droids, man the guns and shoot TIE's, drive an AT-ST) and it's a blast.

I did find I used the lightsaber almost exclusively in the last half of the game. Yes, I used appropriate guns in appropriate situations, but swung the lightsaber 90% of the time.

Some of the things you had to do in order to progress in the levels were a little bit forced or illogical, but overall impression was very realistic. I liked how they would have technicians working on computer terminals and stormtroopers posted at the doors. This is exactly what I would think you'd see in a "government" military station in potentially hostile territory.

I loved it!

(oh and yeah, that baby at the end of Half-Life sucked)

Desann did go down pretty fast compared to his apprentice and the Admiral (though I still died about four times before killing Desann...and I'm on Padawan difficulty). I attribute that to just how lethal lightsaber combat has been made in this game. That's one of the features about Jedi Knight II that I like so much...instead of whittling an opponent down until he dies you can score a swift kill just by hitting him in the right place. Raven did an incredible job designing the lightsaber mechanics...I did end up using the lightsaber throughout most of the game, compared to rarely using it in Dark Forces II. Overall I'm very pleased with the game.

Well, two complaints: #1. I would have prefered less of the Super Mario business with pushing blocks and jumping around on platforms and stuff. #2. I was very cheezed that the game does not support Nvidia video cards....one of the best cards on the market (though it worked fine after downloading the latest drivers, but still).

I defeated Desann , seen all the cutscene thing ( ending i think ) where you talk to luke and say your goin on your hols. Then i have to fight desann again!? he just stands there like a f00l. And kyle katarn is at the top next to where you came in!?

Anyone know why?

When I initially started the game it would not work. I checked out a trouble shooting guide on the net and it gave a list of video cards not supported by the game and the nvidia geforce 2 (the one I'm using) was listed as one of them. After installing the latest drivers for my video card everything worked fine.

However according to the system requirements section on this site (which I just looked at now) the game *does* support nvidia cards...so it's possible that the troubleshooting guide I consulted was wrong or working with incomplete information (I checked it out on the day that the game was released).

Ah well, scratch one gripe off the list.

Archived