Home

Dark Forces: Jedi knight Remake

BloodRiot

This is more of a opinion poll than a request. The SDK and GDK are not out yet anyway.

Personally I liked JK's story over JO, so I though about a JK remake as a Mod or TC for JO.

Who wouldn't like to rebattle Yun, Gorc & Pic, Maw, Sariss, Boc and jerec once more... and this time... with lot's of class?

JK's dueling sucked to the point of just strafe around a guy to hit behind his defense. JO brought some bloody good Dueling, and of course, the Q3 engine surpasses JK's engine by lightyears.

The better part of JK was definetly the storyline and the bosses. I thought Jerec had better Boss look/feel than Desann. Sariss was a great concept too.

Just send some feedback cuz I'd like to hear the general feeling towards this idea. Cuz i might be looking into it in the future.

Be good.

It is a good idea, but it has be tried before with DooM e.t.c on Quake 2 and Quake 3, and each time people have been threatened with legal action. As long as JK is selling, and it is, Lucasarts wont let you give it away. I really wish I could see JK in JKO glory, but I think anyone attempting to do it would end up in a world of trouble with Lucasarts.

WDA

Archived