Home

ENHANCEMENT Suggestion: I sense his presence!

waxdart

Something that I idly wished for throughout the single player game, and would seem possibly appropriate -- the jedi 'sixth sense'?

In the movies, the jedi often sense the presence of their opponents. At times they seem to be able to 'see without seeing' ("With the blast shield down I can't even see! How am I supposed to fight?"). In the single player game, some of the opposing jedi even mention that they'd sensed your presence.

I was really hoping that the game might implement a low-level force power implementation of the ability. Essentially, you press a key and the view switches to 3rd person (if you're not in it already), and the camera rotates so as to target the nearest enemy/goal point (possibly a switch, door, etc.).

Let's say take an elevator into a room. Unbeknownst to you, there's a reborn lying in wait behind you. Being cautious, you use the 'force sense' ability. The camera enters 3rd person and smoothly rotates from directly behind you to directly in front of you, revealing an enemy on your six. You release the 'sense' key and view returns to normal.

This could be really cool when your opponent is concealed from view -- the camera might center on a wall an opponent is behind -- in which case you can't explicitly see someone, but you 'sense' someone is there.

Does anyone know how complicated this sort of things would be, script-wise? I know there are commands to move the camera, I wonder if there are commands that can determine relative distance of entities/NPCs.

or perhaps just a low-level force 'rumbling' (directional) sound whenever a force-laiden enemy comes within a certain range? (i suppose highlander-esque)

anything more obvious (arrows, etc) would probably just retract from the atmosphere.. (being that atmosphere is really what we're after here) it would be subtle, yet have a great impact (imo)...

Archived