Home

lockup on in game loading after a death

kbar99

I have a Celeron Processor 433

256 Megs of Ram

Voodoo3

I have the game set on 800x600 graphics with low geometric and high texture detail. In the game it runs fine, but I find two major problems. One: when I turn of GL Extensions, the game locks up right before it finishes loading everytime and two: I can start a new game just fine, but when I die I cannot reload a game, it locks up and drops me to windows saying that the game has performed an illegal operation. I have to exit the game and then restart to reload my last quicksave, which obviously takes forever.

Athlon 1.3

512MB

Voodoo 3

Same symptons as yours. Locks up every time I die. If loading a saved game the loading gets to about 80% and boots me out into Windows 98.

Resetting the computer usually allows the loading of a saved game, if I complete that level, then the game cannot load the next level without bombing out and dumping me in W98 again!

I am going to try a different setup with virtualy no graphic enhancements.

:(

I am at the end of the level of the Garbage Dump and the game freezes and then closes with a error that the game has caused a application error. After this my desktop appears to be in 256 color mode. I need to reboot to get back to my setting of 16 bit color. I have uninstalled this game and reinstalled, the problem still occurs. I have loaded an older save but I still get this error when I get back to the same area on this level. I do not think the problem is my system. I can play Medal of Honor without any problems...and other games.

AMD Athalon XP 1700

Gigabyte GA-7DXR (latest BIOS)

384 MB RAM

GEForce2 MX400 (latest Detonator drivers)

50 GB free disk Space (ATA 100)

2000 Pro SP2

Archived