Home

Blue absorb colour....urgghhh

Belial6672

Hi

Just a point here...I am fed up with the absorb power. Not the power itself but the blue colour.. I have been playing ctf a lot lately and I have been using the light force powers cos everyone else seems to go to the dark side...

The absorb force power is pretty good apart from one fact....blue colour..

I am on the red side I use the absorb power and the rest of the team come around the corner and start blasting me and pushing me. I am glowing blue so its not their fault to a certain extent (brain says blue..kill kill kill), even though it is obvious I am glowing....

Gets annoying..but funny to hear the apologies when i stop the force power lol..

Belial

Good point! I don't play CTF so had never thought of this...

Personally I think absorb should only glow when some attacks you with a force power. This would work for all games modes, as it would help CTF players remain the 'right' colour and also stop absorbers telegraphing to drainers that they shouldn't attack. They should only know you've got it when they attack, and not before IMO.

That's actually an interesting point. Since there's no green team, nobody confuses protection, but Absorb is a different story. I haven't run into that problem, but it makes sense.

The regular solution would be to have it change to a team specific color, but do we already have enough red glowing stuff?

That reminds me.. shouldn't the Empire be blue and the New Republic Red? Doesn't that make more sense? Oh well...

You can turn it off at will. I just turn it on when i know a force attack is coming, or i'm already in it. If ya leave it on it slowly drains you force "mana" till you have none left. So why not just turn it off when ya don't need it.

Now if you have it on cuase you are being attacked and then your teammates come and start blasting both of ya, i can see the prob there. Maybe a different model could help. I mean i always play in duel servers and i know the players by the model. They alway stick out in my mind moreso than anything else.

You can also turn off Mind Trick, and speed, and the other force powers than "activate" when used.

Archived