Home

how many reborn bosses can YOU kill?

Pol Favre

i just started today, trying to kill more than one. i've gotten up to four a minute ago, killed them all, had 28 health left. awesome ending.

i was in a sabre lock with one of the last two, and i chopped off his hand. as he fell in slowmo the other guy ran up to whack me, and i used force push right as his sabre was coming down on my head. he fell back and i diced him.

tell your sp duel stories here.

Depends on the Difficulty level you're duelling at.

On normal difficulty, I can beat 9 (at the same time) of Reborn, RebornAcrobat, RebornFencer, RebornForceUser, 5 RebornBoss, and 5 ShadowTrooper (actually haven't tried to do 6 for either). I don't use Force Speed when duelling like this (it's cheap).

On Jedi Master (I haven't spawned and duelled a lot on Jedi Knight difficulty), I can beat a mixed group of six, as long as there aren't any more than two RebornBosses or two Shadowtroopers. (also without Force Speed). The problem with putting in more is that you'll get gripped by one of them, and then sliced by two saber throws SO often that you'll begin to suspect the AI of cheating ;)

Actually, once you start duelling in SP, by spawning Reborn in (for example) Luke's room in the Jedi Academy, you realise that the only reason the Reborn battles in SP were difficult at all is because you CONSTANTLY fight in really crap areas, where there is no room to move or anything. It practically forces you to use Force Speed..

My finest SP duel that I spawned though, was against two Tavions on Jedi Master, where I killed both of them in the same little slowmo thing. Tavion actually isn't very tough at all if you can use light stance against her. But in the game, ofcourse, you don't get the light stance until AFTER you fight her :mad:

Both of the Tavions came at me, one jumped, the other ran, I did the lunge thing (crouch, forward + attack), slashed the one who walked to bits. The slowmo started. I had moved a little forward in the lunge, so the other Tavion landed behind me, and started swirling towards me. Since it was in slowmo, I hit back + attack and did the little reverse jab thing. Imagine my grin when I saw her skewered by it. :D

Duelling is great fun...

Sigh, if only the saber combat in MP were this cool :(

Creston

only reason the Reborn battles in SP were difficult at all is because you CONSTANTLY fight in really crap areas, where there is no room to move or anything

Ohhh yes. I wholeheartedly agree. My favorite SP battleground is the area with the obelisques on the streets of bespin. (the place where you're ambushed by two reborn at the same time)

Mostly the place where I spawn my enemies, too. A bit of water, some walls to run at, several floor levels, a little cover. Jus perfect. >:)

Sigh, if only the saber combat in MP were this cool

Oh boy, you can say that again... :) It's much more fun to battle a whole horde of reborn/shadow troopers than a MP fight. They just cut soooooo many animations and moves from MP sabering. :(

Oh, and about Tavion... she's something like my Nemesis. Have a hard time beating her on any difficulty in SP. Might be connected to the fact that I'm a 100% medium-style-preferred fighter, though. With the time, one learns to do some amazing moves and also knows where and when the enemies let their cover down. But I just can't really handle Tavions super-fast style. *grrrr*

Maybe I should go practising some more blue style... but it's just so... hectic. Nothing flows, nothing streams, just hectic little jabs and swingies.

Digital_Ronin

:tied:

console, then "npc spawn xxxxxxx"

Where xxx stands for the name of the summoned enemy.

for sabering, I'd recommend

reborn

rebornacrobat

rebornfencer

rebornforceuser

rebornboss

I much prefer the fencer, the acrobat and the boss. The normal one is far too slow and weak and the forceuser reminds me of that thunderstorm that MP usually features.

Also nice:

tavion

desann

shadowtrooper

Somewhere on this boards is a list. just search for one of the above codes then you'll find it. :D

Digital_Ronin

:tied:

For some reason I don't have a big problem with the Rebornboss, my real problem is with the Rebornfencer. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just better countering the force powers than all of the fencer's quick moves. I always end up getting sliced by him.

Originally posted by HITAKH

In just saber dueling? Or can you use force powers? Cause running backwards shooting force lighting like a madman is probably the easiest way to kill reborn (especially reborn in huge groups of 4 or more).

yeah thats the easy way off course. but remember what yoda says: the dark side is quicker, more seductive. my advice: don't turn to the dark side of the force, and you'll enjoy the game a lot more. :)

Ahhhhh.......

Such fond memories of that first reborn encounter.. Seriously intense, that is until he walks off the catwalk, hehe.

Actually, I thought the best, most pure SP saber battle was the two reborn in the Bespin obelisk courtyard someone mentioned eariler. I remember the first one flying out at me, I backpeddled like a madman, then engaged him. Then out of the corner of my eye, I see ANOTHER damned red saber coming at me! I was like "WTF?! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! TWO OF THEM!?!?!" Even in my panic, I managed to strike them both down my first try, hehe. I still go back and play that battle over and over again, however.

Yep on the ladder leval on really hard I decided to see how many jedis I could work through before I died. Well I manged to kill abut 23 but then I got corned by 3 of them and at I got my head chopped off by two of them at the same time.

i killed a boss, a fencer, and three acrobats on Jedi Master (at the same time). i think that was the numbers, it was a while ago.

i tried going up against 7 bosses but couldn't do it. i would get three or so of them down and the rest would swarm me. same with acrobats, 7 of them, but no cigar.

I am having a crapload of fun with the Ladder map.

One time there was a reborn coming at me from the front and the back. I did a wall-walk and sliced the one coming at me from the front while still walking on the wall, then pressed jump again to do a flip off the wall. I turned around in mid-air and got into a saber-lock with the other one, i won it, then i sliced him :). This whole thing only took about 5 seconds, but it was one of the coolest looking moves i've done in the game.

:saberb:

Archived