Home

JK2 and WinXP

kinnon

I have a problem where, running on XP-Pro, JK2 frequently crashes, freezing the screen and leaving whatever sounds that were playing looping around and around ...

I suspect it's my Savage4, the digitally-signed Micro$oft drivers don't work so i have to use S3's latest - which are two years old !!!

I am using XP pro on a 1 gig pentium and 128 megs :( of ram with a GF2 GTS 32 megs and I dont really have any crash issues. It must be your video drives. GF2's and 3's are dirt cheap now. Get one of those and toss out that outdated technology. Good luck.

Win XP really sucks especially with my sound card!

I have an AW200(I think that's it) and it doesnt work in the game movies! At least only the movie movies, not the game movies. This is very disapointing because I can't hear the fighters flying past in those sweet "looking" movies. O, well...I dont really feel like spending money on a new sound card, so I guess I'm stuck...

I have XP pro and a Geforce 3, and I have crash problems with certain drivers. Basically, if I use the older NVIDIA 23.11 drivers it's ok, but regular Quake 3 has problems unless I use the Leadtek Winfast Drivers, in which case JK2 has problems. And if I use the newest drivers from NVIDIA, they both have problems. So I don't know what the deal is. MS needs to put out a new version of DirextX or something.

Archived