Home

Jedi Knight (The Whole Series) Question

jwlc1998

Can someone please help me figure this out? I am wanting to get all of the games that are in the Jedi Knight series and (or) feature Kyle Katarn. I think there is Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight Dark Forces, Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2, Jedi Knight Mysteries Of The Sith, and now... Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast. Is there 5 games in all, or are some of them the same, or are there more? Can someone please fill me in?

Thanks!

Jay

The first three you named are all the same.

The first game in the series was the FPS Dark Forces, basically you shooting up stormies and solving switch puzzles. Great for its time, though.

The sequel to that was Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2. This game was truly revolutionary because not only was it a fun FPS like its predeccesor, but until now it was the ONLY game where you could truly capture the Jedi feel.

The sequel to THAT was Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight 2 (technically Dark Forces 3, but they never mention that). As you know, this is THE Jedi experience :)

The game chronology goes as follows:

Dark Forces

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith (expansion pack for JK)

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

Your confusion comes from the following facts:

1.) Dark Forces 2 = Jedi Knight.

2.) Jedi Knight 2 = Dark Forces 3 = Jedi Outcast.

3.) Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith is an expansion pack, not a standalone game.

If you want all of the games, just pick up the collector's edition of Jedi Outcast, since it comes with all of them in one box.

The Dark Forces series:

1.) Dark Forces

Kyle Katarn joins the Rebellion as a mercenary. Stright first person shooter, no Jedi, no lightsabre, no force.

2.) Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight

3.) Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

An expansion pack for Dark Forces: Jedi Knight

4.) Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast

That's all there is to date.

There is only four games in the series

Dark Forces

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

They are the games. Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is the second game as basicly it is the sequel to Dark Forces. Although I can see how you were missled.

Mysteries of the Sith, technically is a "Stand alone" game as it installs to a comletly differant directory to JK-DF2 and you dont need JK-DF2 installed at all to play it, but it is still a companion mission set for JK-DF2 so technically their is only 3 games and 1 expansion in the series.

Originally posted by Solo4114

The game chronology goes as follows:

Dark Forces

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith (expansion pack for JK)

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

Your confusion comes from the following facts:

1.) Dark Forces 2 = Jedi Knight.

2.) Jedi Knight 2 = Dark Forces 3 = Jedi Outcast.

3.) Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith is an expansion pack, not a standalone game.

If you want all of the games, just pick up the collector's edition of Jedi Outcast, since it comes with all of them in one box.

Wait, MOTS comes with the Collector's Edition too?

My version only came with the prime 3 games, Win95 (or 98) versions of Dark Forces (added it to my binder next to my origional Dark Forces CD.

so its only comes with

Dark Forces ( First in series )

Jedi Knight ( Second in series )

and

Jedi Outcast ( Third in series )

Add-Ons are not included as part of series cause its basically more maps and weapons ( a commercial MOD if you will )

Archived