Home

1st and 3rd person views

VoToM

In SP you have the option of having 3rd person turned off when using the lightsaber. Am I blind or is it not possible to be in 1st person view in MP. I would much prefer 1st person lightsaber in MP if it is possible. Thanks

Nope, the option is NOT available. When using the lightsaber in multiplayer, you MUST use third-person view. I got this confirmed by LucasArts tech support.

Yeah, I know first-person lightsaber view is more limiting. But for me (and I'm sure many others), it's just way more immersive. Bottom line -- multiplayer Jedi Knight 2 is just a huge diappointment for me without first-person lightsaber view. Hell, if I want to be a Jedi Knight in third-person I'll play Obi-Wan on my XBox....

I think JK2 is an amazing single-player game, but this oversight has ruined multiplayer for me. I really reeeealllly hope Raven addresses this in a patch. :(

Thanks for that confirmation, 1st person view may be a bit more "limiting" in some ways but I agree with the fact that I feel more "in" the game with 1st person lightsaber. We each have our opinions and I hope that there is some kind of patch or update which enables 1st person lightsaber in multiplayer. :fett:

Archived