Home

thank u and later all

Fetal IceCream

[grumble] after surfin around a bit and seein skins pop up here and there for JK2, ive have become decidedly pissed off.

it started with the darth vader skin released about 1-2 days after my maul skin.

this attempt at vader was in all ways ripped off from other ppls work, namely my darth maul textures and some textures from the q3 Darth Vader model available @ polycount.

after my visit to polycount tonight i noticed someone else has decided to lay claim the Darth Maul skin made by myself with help from Mike Gummelt from raven (for which i am very greatfull)

i dont mind if ppl use the things i have made and edit distort and destroy it to make their own version or something else completly,

credit the rightfull owner of the material and their hardwork.

so this is what im going to do, i will not be releasing the 2 new lovely jk 2 skins Jango and Boba fett like i was intending to do

tonight.

nor any other skins/models again.

thank you to the ppl who gave kind words reguarding the darth maul skin, the ppl who downloaded it and the raven for a good game.

[/grumble]

Fatal, Your Maul Skin is one of two Skins for this game I've kept. It's very nice, and your anger is noted with respect, but don't give up.

I agree with you on all the Ripps, and of the Photosourceing, I'm a bit sick of it myself.

I've checked the Polycount site to find what youve been talking about, and cna't find it. Could you please leave a link to it so I can check it out for myself. I'm a regular there, and Polycounters don't really put up with Ripps at all. PC is a very proffesional place and we like to keep it clean so I will do what I can to knock this one out.

I've been working on a model myself, and have so far been keeping it there due to all the same problems you've pointed out.

Don't give up, just watch your back and have fun. Editing is a helluva a great time, and I'd hate to see you give it up due to Online Hooey.

Good Luck.:boushh:

I don't think he's "afraid," more like there's no point in putting lots of time into something and releasing it just to have someone else claim it as their own. I think you'd be pretty pissed off too if someone was ripping off your work; the only people who are retarded are the ones who take others' work for granted, so don't judge if you aren't the one being screwed over.

Fetal, your choice to leave i your choice and I cannot change that. But since your leaving I thought I would post what I thought about your skins and maybe persuade you to stay a skinner in the JK2 community.

First off, when people rip off your skins that blows (I wouldnt know thought cause I dont skin :-(

Second , your maul skin was hmmmmmmm.......... how should I put it.................

FRIGGIN AWESOME

I hope you keep skinning here, but if you dont, good luck to you and I hope you prosper in anything you do.

Archived