Home

Double bladed saber?

DarthCiebin

It only works in multiplayer, and you have to do activate cheats using the console.

bring it up and type

/devmap MAPNAME.

Sample map name; ffa_deathstar.

Then type /THEDESTROYER.

Remember to add bots and revel in how unbelievably strong the 2 bladed saber is.

Enjoy>> said the newbie.

The double bladed saber doesn't really add anything to the game.

Both blades do damage, but with the current limitations on saber combat animations, the use of the second blade is relatively impossible.

It does look cool, but without the inherent advantages of being able to use that kind of saber in combat, its really just window dressing.

Personally I'd like to see the double bladed saber implemented as a feature, with its own combat style and its own limitations. Possibly a force cost to select it, and maybe a minutely slower, but more powerful combat style. Maybe the ability to dual wield sabers should it get broken in a fight? Theres lots of ideas, we're still waiting to see what kind of effort Raven themselves will be putting into the games patches.

EF didn't get much except some patches to fix game issues and introduce Jeri Ryan's voice, then an expansion pack which was mostly aimed at single player.

So I'm hoping Raven will take a different approach with JKO, its multiplayer community base will probably be immensely larger than EF's was.

Well some how i don't get the double blade i tried everything but it just won't work other codes work fine but i can't seem to get the double bladed saber :(

i tried /thedestroyer with all kinds off upper and lower case letters but it doesn't do anything i just get the msg unknown command.

Originally posted by The_Wounded

Well some how i don't get the double blade i tried everything but it just won't work other codes work fine but i can't seem to get the double bladed saber :(

i tried /thedestroyer with all kinds off upper and lower case letters but it doesn't do anything i just get the msg unknown command.

Hey man,

You need to make sure you have the Lightsaber in your hand AND NOT TURNED ON.. it needs to be off..

Open console and enter

\THEDESTROYER

As soon as you press enter the Saber will ignite..

This is Multiplayer only... and the Cheats need to be enabled..

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have been thinking about a mod so i will quote myself:

I have been thinking a bit about making a doublebladed saber mod. I even have ideas for three styles.

Light: You hold it in the sameplace as medium for the normal saber and it involves spinning the lightsaber and the person alot. Its pretty good defencive wise, but really is for killing troopers or showing off.

Duel: You hold it a little below your chest with two hands very much darthmaul style. This is very good for killing jedi cuz after lots of practice you block and chain an attack at the same time killing the jedi.

One Handed: This is very simmilar to heavy style becuase of the range of the swings. It is very poor at blocking, worse than heavy for normal saber.

Yes you can kill your self! If your chaining your attacks you have to be very carefull that one of your swings doesn't go overboard, cuz chaining results in this alot! This would be the main drawback.

How do you like the idea? If i could find the file i would program it but would still need someone to do the animations.

If anyone is interested just post. I'm not to serious about this.

Sithcloak

Well, even if I don't accept the concept of Red is slower and stronger (real sabre thanks), I think that it would be pretty interesting to be able to choose among many weapons and styles.

If we look at all the movies, we see that all the major Force Sensitive characters have their own style and their own weapon with their own features (ignition sound, shape, blade color, etc.), especially the Sith (Maul and Tyrannus weapons and styles).

I'm looking towards Mace and how he is supposed to fight, as Yoda, and then hope that some BIG mod will come out that would make the game duels look more like the movies ones (add stamina, concentration and anger status bars for example).

And more skins, more Force powers (with some of the actual ones being tweaked) and so on.

Again, making slow moves with your lightsabre won't make them more powerfull (à la red stance). *sic*

I'm ok with the fact that the longer the blade touches something, the longer it does damage, but not with the red stance slow motion clumsy concept which is certainly non sense.

Btw, if such a mod was about to be released, I wish that the rolls had been like the SP ones.

Btw I think that every one agrees that a TRUE dismember feature is needed in mp.

Well, if anyone is interested...

Archived