Home

New 'secret area' discovered!

Eternity

WARNING: to tell you where the secret area is, I must describe the surrounding enviroment. So I guess you could call it a very tiny spoiler, so don't read if you are fanatical about that sort of thing, mmmkay?

This 'secret' area isn't really secret, as in an easter-egg. Rather, it's debris from a programmer starting a room and then leaving it, so you all you get is a rectangular box that you can fight in. It's just big enough to put an ATST in, and move around in, so that should give you a sense of scale.

It's rather fun for fights, but that's about it. I'm only saying this because it IS a secret area, and you can't have a room like this until the code comes out and someone can easily make one.

Okay, where it is: I was thinking of including a save game file so you guys can get right to it, but it isn't that hard to find, and if you want it really badly, I MIGHT include it in this post....

1) You must have gotten at least to the encounter with Luke (where you fight with him), and to the end of the level where you must navigate through the elevators. I am being very specific, it's not drains or wind tunnels like in some of the earlier levels, it's elevators.

2) Go to the elevators. There will be a hallway, with doors on either side. As we know, these are elevators that you must navigate through until you get to the last one, where the level ends.

3) Turn on 'noclip' on the console. (Press SHIFT and ~) You must first activate devmapall, which turns on the cheats. Float to the top of the elevators, and go through the roof. You aren't supposed to do this, so the screen may flicker and blur. It won't crash your computer, so don't worry. To the left of one of the elevators should be an unfinished gray room in the black space. Float down into it, and it will turn into a grey box. Turn off noclip.

Now you can get personal with reborn and such with no distractions, taking advantage of a developers forgetten room!

Archived