Home

Latest Dark Jedi cheap trick :)

MasterFarlander

It seems that lightning is too powerful and requires no skill what so ever, ie. no aiming. I am rather sick of guys who rely on lightning to knock me down to almost no health. Sure I can counter it sometimes, but I often have lost a significant portion of my health before I am able to counter lightning attacks. I guess what I want to say is lightning is too powerful and in my opinion seems cheap.

I haven't used that many of the force powers yet, and I have never played as a dark jedi, so I cannot comment on the other force powers with any real conviction, but the other force powers seem to add an interesting element to the game.

Still, it seems that some players don't really want to compete with you toe to toe, just hit you with all their force powers and take you out without really engaging in a fair fight.

As we have the option to play on servers with no force powers, I we can choose our own destiny.

Originally posted by MasterFarlander

Has anyone noticed Dark Jedi who will sit away from a large group of people fighting, wait until they've fought a while until their HP is low, then just nail the group with Level 3 lightening? It nets them a whole bunch of kills, and really frustrates those of us who have to work for our kills. I personally don't care if people use underhandedness to get kills... virtue is its own reward... but this one is just annoying. :)

-Keyan Farlander -SC-

Jesus, deal with it. There's tons of ways to deal with lightning. It's actually one of the weaker powers. If you can't figure it out, then try using it and see what everyone does to you.

Uses for lightning:

1) To see if opponent has shields up

2) To kill a dark rage user (hahahah) after their rage ends

3) To join with 2-3 other lightning users for MASS OWNAGE after a teammate drains

Lightning... is not... effecient... to kill someone. If you _know_ they are low on health, tap it by all means. But it is NOT a main attack form.

SEGUE:

So, Dark Side - Team Powers

Grip - Hold a target for opponent to hit

Lightning - Combine with a teammate or two for mass ownage

Drain - Drain force from target(s) so other teammates can lightning/force/push/pull without worry.

Team Energize (?) Anyone ever used this...

Light Side - Team Powers

Team Heal (?) Anyone ever used this...

Force Protect - Run willynilly into the fray with that rocket launcher, get in front of weaker teammates... I dunno...

Does anyone else find it hilarious that DARK SIDE powers PROMOTE Team Play? Light Side powers are all about the self, Dark Side powers can be used to great benefit of the team over the self (IE: Grip opponent, let friend kill, drain opponent, let friend kill, etc.)

:vadar: Go forth Sith Lords, and use your powers to better your team instead of yourself... *rofl*

- Gaeb

No, what annoys me are those Drain users. They not only drain my force power, they drain my framerate as well (usually drops to around 5fps). And not to mention that it really doesn't reflect kindly upon their intelligence - I don't use the force.

:eyeraise:

It doesn't reflect kindly on their intelligence to use something to their advantage??? It doesn't reflect kindly on YOUR intelligence to refuse to use any weapon at your disposal. Do you think in REAL life it wouldn't reflect kindly on my intelligence if I shot someone in the back of the head who I KNEW was going to kill me or a loved on if I didn't? Would it make more sense to throw down my gun and say "Oy there, what say we settle this like men?" and get shot myself? Why is it that advantages are only considered unfair in virtual life? Holy crap, this is one of the most inane comments I've seen on any message board EVER. My head hurts your comment was so idiotic.

Oh, and about the "I don't use the force" comment. Unless you're playing on non-force servers exclusively, that usually equates to "I like to lose". Unless you're using guns. Then you're just annoying some other self-righteous idiot who refuses to play the game the way it was intended.

Archived