Home

An idea regarding the butterfly and the cartwheel

NightFallMyriad

First of all no, I don't know how to do them :(

But what I think would be cool is if someone (possibly Raven??) were to incorporate these moves as "dodge" moves. I used to play UT all the time and to activate the dodge, you would double tap your strafe keys.

ie. Dodge forward was "forward+forward" etc...

So with this in mind, a possible set up could be:

Butterfly: "dodge" forward

Butterfly Twist: "dodge" backwards

Cartwheel left/right: "dodge" left/right

Course that leads into all sorts of other different things you could be doing with the saber at the same time, like attacking and such, which I think would add even more control to this already incredible game.

No one can deny that the acrobatics in JO are what make this game really shine, so why not capitolize on a good thing?

Just an idea, but I think having these moves as dodge moves would be cool and easy to execute with the double tap.

Comments? Suggestions?

:lsduel:

Naa, I think it could work. There would of course have to be a "cool down time" between consecutive uses, or maybe even have it depending on stance?

Blue - Chain up to three

Yellow - Chain up to two

Red - Once shot per

They would look like handsprings, it'd be truly awesome.

Here's proof that people wouldn't spam it: you don't see people spamming the other acrobatics. Sure they use them, but not constantly.

Also, there would be obvious penalties for using them. You might get out of the way faster, but during that time you might be more vulnerable, or if you were attacking with it it might do less damage.

I seriously think it could work, but being only a gamer and having no mod skills whatsoever, I am helpless to prove my thesis.

RAVEN i hope you're reading this. THIS would make YOUR awesome game THE MOST awesome game on the market.

MP is what people buy games for now days. It's a revolutionary social practice and it's expanding expotentially. (I will say however that the single player mode of JO is simply AMAZING, perhaps a little lacking in neutrals/citizens but heh, no biggy. It kill's every other sp game i've played.) Anyway, port the sp stuff over to multi - the clash effects, the sheer speed and the collisions/parries and you will have yourself a game that people will be playing online for years.

Again Myriad, the simplicity and seeming workabilty of your proposal is fantastic. This game is great. It should and could be INSANE!!

Ty for the feedback guys. :)

I really don't think it will be that big an issue with the double-tap. Again, take UT. Everyone is dodging all the time in that game and it doesn't make a huge difference to the gameplay. People don't complain about it because after awhile it gets predictable.

If your going to use the same heavy stance overhead swipe over and over, people will start to learn how to counter it every single time.

The same will come with this. I never said that there wouldn't be disadvantages to constantly butterflying. There will have to be obvious disadvantages, but I'm leaving it up to the community (or hopefully Raven) to decide what those should be.

Should you be able to attack while butterflying?

Should you be able to defend or parry?

Should you even be allowed to use force attacks?

These are all valid ideas, and I don't think they should be ignored simply based on the fact that some people will ***** them. If Raven had based the game on that mentality, we wouldn't have heavy stance, grip, drain, heal, push, pull and all the other things that make this game incredible.

I just think that a double-tap method would be an excellent way to utilize the up-until-now unusable acrobatic moves in the near future.

With any luck, even in the next patch.

Besides, as soon as people find out how they can be used, if what you say is true, they will start to spam those moves regardless of how its done. Likely they'll be binded.

I think everyone should be able to use them with exacting control and liquid motion just as the wallwalk, kickflip and sideflip are easy to manage.

If you can think of an easier way to implement these moves into the game, I'd be very interested in hearing it.

- NightFallMyriad

Archived