Home

A modest proposal against cheating.

Ono-Sendai

I'd like to take a brief second to ask those with advanced computer skills to refrain from creating hacks, cheats or anything that might give anybody an unfair advantage over other players.

Why? Counter-Strike was completely ruined by cheaters, and even the original Jedi Knight was sullied by malicious code. I even quit playing games (other than flirting with Max Payne for a brief period) from September to March - a decision partially spurred on by cheaters.

Now that JK2 has arrived, I have a worthy reason to enjoy myself online again and I don't want it to be spoiled for me and a dozen of my friends that play this fine game - not to mention the rest of the online JK2 community.

It frustrates me to read that people are already screwing around with the game. So please, if you're going to mess around with the code, be generous to your peers and DON'T release it in any sort of fashion to the general public.

Thanks in advance,

Ono-Sendai

EDIT: Coincidentally, an hour after I posted this, some guy was running around ffa_bespin choking people while invisible. Then, in duel_pit, the same happened. I kicked their ass 'cause I could still see their sabers... =)

Originally posted by Ono-Sendai

I'd like to take a brief second to ask those with advanced computer skills to refrain from creating hacks, cheats or anything that might give anybody an unfair advantage over other players.

Why? Counter-Strike was completely ruined by cheaters, and even the original Jedi Knight was sullied by malicious code. I even quit playing games (other than flirting with Max Payne for a brief period) from September to March - a decision partially spurred on by cheaters.

Now that JK2 has arrived, I have a worthy reason to enjoy myself online again and I don't want it to be spoiled for me and a dozen of my friends that play this fine game - not to mention the rest of the online JK2 community.

It frustrates me to read that people are already screwing around with the game. So please, if you're going to mess around with the code, be generous to your peers and DON'T release it in any sort of fashion to the general public.

Thanks in advance,

Ono-Sendai

Before I begin, let me say that I'm a very cynical person, and have known manya people online to cry CHEATER the second anyone does anything that shows a small bit of skill (no matter what game).

So, I must ask you, are these "cheaters" really cheaters, or people you suspect of cheating because they can beat you?

Just a question...

BYE

what cheats could you make for this game, lets look...

the standard wall hack

---nope the game includes force seeing, so that make that pointless

the standard aimbot

---yeah, but it wouldnt do too much for you...most of your fire would be blocked by a saber, or just go off target since sights are inacurate in this game...and it would do crap for saber fighting

the standard respawn

---ummm...it is a dethmatch game, you respawn anyway???

the standard team switch

---I guess, or you could just switch teams the real way and take no extra time to respawn, unless you like being a flashing cheater beacon

These are just my random thoughts, hope you enjoy and take security in this....the big time hack makers are only interested in making stuff for others to ruin those who follow the rules gameplay..I dont think they can with the way JO is designed...just my opinion...

1. To be honest, the only cheat I've witnessed is invisibility. An hour after I posted this too!

2. To the '**** you newbie' guy: To call you dime a dozen would be to inflate your value to society. If we're lucky, your genetic material won't get passed on to our future generations.

3. To the fellow that asked if my feelings were hurt: Um... no. It's a game. I will provide an easy-to-understand simile so you can comprehend what I am saying. People who cheat in on-line games are like weed without the THC. Just. No. Fun.

the "invisible" skin cheat you're talkin about is actually just a model/skin you can access from a console command. Nothing in the game was "hacked" to do it. You can still actually see their saber and hands too, so its not that bad.

I'm sure raven will fix this in their next patch as this "skin" could have easily been excluded from the game. :)

btw, here's a hidden skin I found for reborn "/model reborn/acrobat" in the console, have fun!

Archived