Home

Saber Dual, end of Cloud City

blacktrofeo

When she throws her lightsaber at you, dodge to the side and hit her square with a thermal detonater. It should only take one hit to kill her. It may take a few tries because she sometimes throws it back in your face.

jedi dont use thermal detonaters!!!

:) Why not? As Kyle says in the end, "It took a failed Jedi to take out another failed Jedi".

Seriously, you are mostly defenseless without your lightsaber against an opponent who uses one - you are basically dead in one slash.

As per fighting Tavion, you can Force Jump and attempt to land on top of her; if successful, you will knock her down, after which you can do a lightsaber throw or a quick swing. But if you miss, you may end up landing in front of her, leaving your back open - and this is what you don't want. Try to face your enemy whenever you can - frontal attacks are blocked (at least partly) most of the time, whereas a swing from the rear is usually lethal. (Remember Darth Maul vs Qui Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi? That's the big idea.)

Oh yea, use Force Push to fight off her Grip. Using Push or other telekinesis in other circumstances usually has negative effect, since they'll counter it with their Push (and might knock you down in the process). You might try using those while your opponent is in the air, however, or currently using another Force Power that takes time to use (such as Lightsaber Throw) - then there is a chance that you might knock them down.

But true, I dislike that thing about "chance" as I do about Playstation style key combos which never work for me as they should. Jedi combat should not be about chance or luck. And darn, as if there were not enough keys on the keyboard to make each move a separate key. I have 10 fingers, and only using 4 most of the time. Granted you would not use all of them, but at least you would be able to use the move you want to use whenever you need to use it.

One more annoyance: is that really necessary for Kyle to turn off his lightsaber while being gripped (that does not happen in multiplayer btw)?

One realistic (and fun) thing though, is that you (and your enemy) can actually lose your lightsaber if someone fights it off and it falls out of reach (like into an abyss). If it's within reach, you can press primary fire key to pull it back. But not like in Jedi Knight, Mysteries of the Sith missions (Mara: Hmm... let's throw the lightsaber. What, lost it??? Bah, nevermind, I have a spare one.)

Use a combination of force speed and push along with yourlight sabre. She will leave herself open when blocking force push. Plus you can sometimes get her with it particularly while she is jumping.

It's mostly just down to skill at light sabre duelling. Second time round even though I was on a higher difficulty level I managed to beat her on fewer attemps. Mostly I think because by then I was very used to light sabre combat and what force powers worked when.

Archived