Home

Guys, its true we are complainning alot

SilentDark

I mean, I understand that the game is just a "baby" and has issues that need to be resolved, but guys, the entire forum is rant.

Remember when the game was a month away, everyone was saying: Oh this game is gonna exceed our expectations oh man its gonna rock. Well now that its out, instead of saying it exceeded your expectations and that you were right, its all about ranting about Drain, the one hit kill move, weapons vs sabers, unbalanced stuff etc...

Guys, Im not saying its wrong to do what your doing, your trying to get your problems addressed by Raven in the upcoming patch. But dear god try and keep it to ONE thread. I would rather see topics saying good things or about a mod they made, rather than This needs to be fixed X 50 covering the entire board.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

SilentDark,

Sometimes better to let people have their say "everyone's opinion is important". If you find there are to many threads with topics you do not want to read...skip orver them or use the back button and go on to the next thread or topic. Really alot easier than posting about it.

:elephant:

Well if I was a game developer...and I saw one post with 600 replies, I might be inclined to read it, but then...I'm a game developer...I'm a busy guy.

Whereas if I checked the forum one day and there were 600 individual posts all addressing more or less the same problem, I might be able to skim through one or two of them....get an idea of what the issue is, and then assume that the other 598 posts are essentially addressing the same issue, and take it under advisement.

The problem with single threading patch requests is the amount of time it takes to sift through a post with 6 - 10 pages of responses to get at the real nuggets of information. I've done it out of curiosity myself and its very hard to do because for every post with a legitimate issue theres 10 other posts of people telling the person with the issue to STFU becase only newbies can't <insert random elite thing here>.

But if everyone with an issue posts their own thread, I don't have to sift through the endless replies from people that do or don't agree with the person posting it. I read the first post, consider the issue and move on with my life.

And thats if I, as a game developer with a very heavy schedule, even have the time to do so.

[Edit - Stormy - too much bold, man. :cool: ]

it does exceed our expectations. But at the same time, like the people we are, we want more :)

Also what was said above is a good reason against it too. And while some of the "whining" is annoying at times, and while for every 1 post with someone saying a problem and 10 with someone saying "you not l33t, do this to counter" there are also people posting to the individual threads and offering help to that individual person.

Yeah, I mean, everybody who's taking the time (from playing JO I might add) to come here and post extensive rants / complaints / suggestions etc does at least LIKE the game enough to do so :)

And, not sure if that "email" from changkhan was legit, but if it was, he DID very well manage to weed through all the 1 person whines / rants / I wants and get to the core of the matter that virtually everybody dislikes.

Game developers aren't stupid, forums have been around for a long time, and most of them have realized by now that there is a LOT of feedback / information they can get from them.

Still, the whines ARE getting a bit rampant yeah... what can you do eh? :D

Creston

While Joruus may have a point...please do try to keep posts on the same topic to just a few threads. Starting a new thread about the same issue is not very helpful to other forum members who wish to discuss other things, because topics are then moved very quickly to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pages - which makes it harder for every member to wade through.

Also, I'm inclined to disagree. If I'm a game developer looking for feedback, is it easier for me to simply download and save an entire thread on my hard disk for the whole team to scan through...or spend half a day downloading multiple threads, just in case they contain another relevant snippet of information on the same topic?

As it happens, I have done this myself - downloaded a very long thread so that I can read it offline, formulate a response if necessary, then go back later to post. :)

Archived