Home

Server names to indicate Dueling and Speed

Kiell_Randor

What we really need is some code to indicate when a server is sabers only, and/or slowed-speed. From the sounds of another post, slowed down speed on servers increases the enjoyment of saber-only duels immensely.

So who is up for creating a little code to indicate that a server is sabers only for dueling, and or slowed down speed?

Perhaps we could use a code such as [sD/SS] for Saber Duels or Slowed Speed at the end of a server name to differentiate?

Welcome to the forums. :) Here...*hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion*

That sounds like a great idea to me. When I use the in-game browser to go online, there are not enough filtering options anyway, and I've ended up in a couple of game types - or at a skill level - that I didn't want to play.

If there was an instantly recognisable code system so you could see at a glance the settings of a particular server (including any tweaks or non-standard options, such as game speed), it would help a lot, and save time logging on and then having to log off.

Of course, it is up to the Server Admins what they call their servers...but it would be beneficial to everyone, because then you wouldn't get the wrong players logging onto your server either. :)

Exactly. And with further thought, it'd be best to add any such code to the beginning of the server name, so you could then use the sort-by-names option to find the ones you wanted.

So my server I could rename to:

[sD/SS] Knights of Alderaan to indicate it was for Saber dueling, with a slowed speed.

Or,

[sS] Knights of Alderaan to show that it had only slowed speed.

I'm going to start using this nomenclature, and I hope some other servers adopt it.

Archived