Home

Ingame mod menu

Emon

So how do I use it? I've done it before, but I can't seem to remember how. I want to use some new duel music, so I went ahead and made the PK3 with the correct path of music\mp\duel.mp3 and such. Then I put it in Jedi Outcast\gamedata\base\mods\MP Duel Music. I went into the game, looked in the mods menu and nothing was there.

How do I fix this?

I think you should just make a new directory in GameData and place your pk3 in that directory....Then you can load it via the load mod menu....Alternatively you can just place the pk3 file in the base directory and it is loaded automatically every time....But you don't make the new directory in GameData\Base.

When making a duel music PK3, or just a music PK3 to overwrite the JK2 original music keep a few things in mind.

All JO MP3 files are 40 kilobit recordings, the Q3A engine will play MP3 files within the engine, but if you attempt to replace the default duel.mp3 with a 128 kilobit mp3 of your choice, it will not work at all.

You have to basically take your mp3 file, convert it to wav format, and downgrade the sound quality, then take the new wav, and covert it back to mp3.

Thats odd, because a 128 kilobit Rob Zombie song renamed to duel.mp3 and copied into the fates.pk3 file, replacing the duel.mp3 in it did not work. It reverted to the base duel.mp3

My only explanation for it is the bit rate. Because otherwise it should have worked.

Archived