Home

Ghost Skin I've seen?

Nightblain

I've seen some people playing on duel servers, and all of a sudden their skin goes transparent. They aren't using mind control, and some people said they knew a trick. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Also, I heard of an Undead Jedi or something to that extent that people have seen but never had to download. The people who had the skin said, "Yeah, it used to be like only 6 people knew about it, but now like 100 do." I'm just wondering if any of you have any information reguarding this. Thanks!

-Nightblain

It's no secret, it is what us people with decent moral standards call a cheat. It is in the pak file, to be used in SP as the basis of the model for Kyle using the Saber when in first person mode. If you look there it doesn't show all of his arms, just basically long gloves.

People found this, and use it to be seen less, although not reducing their target area any less.

It isn't a hack, but most definitely a cheat, it's exploiting the games skins that are there for SP and using them for MP. It is just like strafe jumping, exploiting a hole in the games physics engine to gain extra speed.

BCanr - But they fixed strafe jumping in Counterstrike (aka Bunny-Hopping or Bar Hopping)... I don't see how they could fix something like this.... hell once everyone finds out how to do it, all we'll see are a bunch of newbies running around the game with nothing visible in the game except a pair of hands and sabers/weapons... the only good side to it is there's not as much lag if you can't see the full model ;) lol

Topper - Yes, but he also said transparent - there's the other model when you're completely transparent except for your hands, and your weapon - which is the one i'm talking about. Nevertheless, it's gay, and i'd hate to see newbies use it on all the servers.

That would be invisible if with the exception of the hands and weapon. transparent usually means see through, but to the point you can still make out the object in question. Your getting confused with translucent. Anyways not trying to give a grammar lesson just fix everyones confusion. The invisible character i don'T know but the see through ghost of morgan is what everyone else has said model morgan/default in console.

*Grins widely* I figured it out. To you who said it was an altered version of Kyle's model, thank you. I was able to find something to view the contents of the file and find the model that I was looking for. I won't release any information about it because of the people who say they don't want newbies running around with it. Thanks again for the information.

-Nightblain

Originally posted by kblegolas

the only good side to it is there's not as much lag if you can't see the full model ;) lol

careful with such jokes. some people might even believe it and say they're doing us a favor by using the model *fg*

Archived