Home

Boba Fett Model

BloodRiot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's because that is a picture from Modview. Models and skins always look better in modview, because in-game, the jk2 engine blurs and smooths textures. my skin used to look just like that in modview, but once you put it in-game, its a whole other story.

-Abs

hmmmm. I dunno they could be right abs... I am skining it at a higher rez before i resize. But yeah the modview looks much better than when they get ingame.

On the other jango... it is for another fett model coming out. It is different in many ways to this one. In some ways better and in others not. So i am doing both... but this one probly will have different colours to jango as as i already said Absath has a fine jango skin done.

Arco

the JK2 engine is a pain in the ass =P it burns and blurs textures, making something awesome in modview, look like crap in-game.

and i always skin at 1024x1024, before dropping it down arco... what do you skin at? j/c...

-Abs

Could someone possibly send me the zip file with the skins? I tried going to the correct website, but that file seems to be down, and after 4 hours of reporting a dead link, no one responds. My e-mail addesss is kane@kefclan.ath.cx. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I think most one-year-ago video cards are limited to 256x256 textures. latest vidcards go up to 512x512, I don't know if there are video cards able to do 1024x1024 texturing. But I'm not an expert so... I could be wrong.

EDITED: MAN was I wrong, I just checked and most video cards do 2048 texturing! So the JKII engine does suck!! :(

Your Mandalorian Pack was great.

Here's a little suggestion for anyone who takes up creating new Fett models...

How 'bout when the player uses force jump, small flames light up from the jetpack? Just a little tidbit that could add serious coolness to an already cool model. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Since Bloodriot and Absath are the best JK2 modellers could you guys make an IG88 model and if you have any free time: a Indiana Jones skin as well your mandalorian models were so fricken fantastic that I squeeled like a school girl when I played em SPECTACULAR JOB!! WHOOPIE:fett: :fett:

Archived