Home

Black orWhite Saber Blade

II Exar Kun II

ok all night i spent makin a black saber blade and what i did was convert the assests0 pack to zip and then i unpacked it and went to gfx/effects/sabers (i think thats what it was) and i took the purple jpgs and edited it to be black w\ photoshop and replaced the purple jpgs in the assests pack w\ mine (same name and all) then i re zipped it and converted it bak to pk3. (which is where i think the problem went wrong.) unless theres some special way to convert that i dont know bout. or if im doin it wrong tell me. or if theres a place where i can just go ahead a download a black or white saber thad make things that much easier lol.

-lada

You didn't put them into the assets1 or assets0 pk3 files did you? You make a seperate pk3 file and put it into the base folder.

I wrote this up a few days ago. See if it helps. :)

1. Let's start out by first making some new folders.

Make a folder named gfx. Inside the gfx folder, make a folder named effects. Inside the effects folder make a folder called sabers.

It should be like this, gfx>effects>sabers

2. Open the assets0.pk3 and find the image files your wanting to edit.

3. Copy those images to the sabers folder you created in step one.

4.Open the pictures that you just copied, edit them to your hearts content then save them.

5. Go to the main folder, "the one named gfx", right click on it and hit, "add to zip"

6. A menu should come up were you can specify the name of the file. At the ending were it should say, "gfx.zip", change it to "whatever_you_want_here.pk3". Hit enter.

*Note: Name the new pk3 file whatever you want but don't name it assets0 or assets1!!! :D

7. It should then produce your pk3 file. No place this file inside the base folder that's inside Jedi Oucast's program files.

My base folder is located here: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base". Yours should be about in about the same location if not the same.

8. That's it! Run Jedi Outcast and you should see your saber ingame! :)

Happy editing! :) If you need anymore help, just ask.

I tried following these directions but my pk3 files didn't take.

It worked better for me when I opened up WinZip Classic mode directly, clicked on NEW to create a new archive, browsed to the directory that contained only the gfx folder, named the archive "myMod.pk3" and here is the important part click add with wildcards. I don't know why the right clicking didn't work because I thought if I zipped a folder all its subsequent folders would be there. ?Thanks for the tip in any event.

After making the pk3 I put it in the base folder and ran the game. When I did I almost cried because my first attempt at a saber waaaay sucked. lol Well as Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius put it, Back to the ole drawing board. ;)

First of all.

I made a darksaber and its up at jkiinet.

DarkSaber v1.0

Secondly.

When making a "black" saber, it is impossible for it to show up in game unless you mess around with the saber.shader file. Black is used for transparency, and unless you invert that and make white transparent, you black saber wont appear to be there (even though its really just transparent)

Archived