Home

Modifying the Collector's Edition Keychain

FeldmanSkitzoid

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows how I could get the lightsaber keychain (which comes in the Collector's Edition of the game) to not blink. As in, stay on constantly rather than off and on. I think it'd be much cooler if it didn't blink. But it's still cool.

Also, I was wondering if there would be any way to focus the beam so it's just a single point of light. I'd like to be able to use it as a laser pointer when the blade is screwed off. I figure that some sort of lens would do it.

Well, there's a mission for you laser pointer enthusiasts out there!

The light certainly is bright. I like my seizure inducing keyring how it is actually. I thought about what it would be light as a steady light, rather than flashing. It'd light up a room. It does now... but it does it 4 times per second :)

It wouldnt function well as a laser pointer. The light spreads too much.

Good luck trying though. I'd fiddle, but I don't wanna wreck it coz ill never get another :)

hey gonk try this: find a dark indoor room(large bathroom works best), some toy sabers/saber like things, and a frend or two.

put the strobe on and try some moves out.... never did this with a strobe, just a plain laser. I bet its a riot.:D

Originally posted by FeldmanSkitzoid

Also, I was wondering if there would be any way to focus the beam so it's just a single point of light. I'd like to be able to use it as a laser pointer when the blade is screwed off. I figure that some sort of lens would do it.

There is no way to do that, as the only type of light that can be a point at any distance is a real laser! The keychain is a bright-as-hell diode that emits plain light.

If they figured out a way to make plain light stay focused to one radius at any distance, they wouldn't need lasers anymore. (Actually, they did figure out a way -- the laser. :D You only see red lasers in laser pointers because other colors are too expensive.)

I don't think he wanted it to be a laser but instead it to work like a laserpointer...

And for the blinking.. it depends on how it's achieved... You could probably do it, but you'd need to open the thing and look into it first :D

Archived