Home

Tatooine walkthrough beta (Quake3)

Tems

here you go. a simple walkthrough of tatooine.

known bugs:

-lod cracks

-texture colouration

-texture alignment

-minor lighting issues

-visible caulk faces

this is not a gameplay beta. what i am looking for is simply what items would make it look like tatooine. im still in the middle of changing some things around w/ the buildings. im mostly thinking cargo etc. this is also a way for you to see where this is right now.

sorry, i dont have any shots up in the thread.

download here:

http://homepage.mac.com/alwaysbe/files/temsdm02-beta2.zip

i'll be back with more comments later. suggestions welcome.

-Tems

[edit: i still consider this in the early stages. there are many other known problems which i have not fixed yet but won't be in the final]

[edit2: you MUST use quake3 to use this map. just a reminder]

Aargh! Just posted a long reply just as my connection got cut off so lost it all!

Gist of it was - could be a really good map with a little more work.

Architecture is good, although Force Jump would take you over the top of the boundary walls. Also think that you could create a second plane of combat by allowing a way up to the roofs and making more of that. Think you might have to work on the size a little. It seemed to big for a duel map but too small for a FFA unless it was for 4 - 6 players. What were you planning it for?

Textures could do with some work - like what you've got but there's not enough variation and needs something to break it up. Some buildings are tatooine are more white than sandy. Also there are metal units and doors and stuff in the walls (check out the Lars' homestead -

homestead.jpg

See what I mean?

I think you could do with adding textures to where the windows and doors are to break things up. Also change the colour of some of the pipes and the vaporators (which I suppose actually should be round and not square), add some shaders here and there (little power generators? sparking units?). Sort out the textures before worrying about whether or not to add cargo or debris etc.

Just my thoughts! ;)

Did like the map though and think that you definitely could be onto a good thing.

Dragon

Originally posted by Evan Nash

=p

Why not covert it so you can view it in JK just like that Carbonfreeze map?

Then we can test it for real.

Dude, what's you're problem. All I hear from you is retarded whining.

The only way for people to compile maps for JO is to send them to Raven. If Raven doesn't have time to compile them no maps will be released. It's also very hard to get JO weapons into the map without an official editor.

If you'd know anything about mapping mayeb you'd understand this. Every post from you has this same bs.

Retarded whinning? Show me an example you big mouth.

This is feedback. I haven't dissed anyone at all.

Don't start with me kid, because if you do, I won't let you off the hook till I say so.

I don't like to deal with children like you. So if you really want to try me, go for it.

don't fight in my thread. go fight in a sticky thread or something. leave mine alone.

actually its not too hard to get JK2 weapons in. if you open a BSP in wordpad and scroll to the end you get entitiy definitions and you can just put those in by opening the map file in wordpad.

thx for the suggestion & the lovely pics. i need more of those things. anyway, that advice was right on the money. thanks.

-Tems

He started it man.

If it sounded like I hated your skin, then I apologize, that's not the way I meant it.

Raven REALLY needs to release the SDK this week.

It's about time we are able to make maps and skins. Especially maps.

I really can't wait till we can make a new "Duel of the Fates" map...

What's cool about that is you can put in the actually DOTF's music in the level, which you really couldn't do in the old JK game.

this is a good level and well made the textures are good but need a few colour diffrences in some places to break them up but even for a multiplayer level it needs to be a lot bigger if you look at jedi outcast levels like bespin thay are very big I also believe this level needs a higher level to attack from maybe a way on to the roof hangings you see above you but can not get to

Retarded whinning? Show me an example you big mouth.

This is feedback. I haven't dissed anyone at all.

Oh really? I made a map and all I got from you is "pff this isn't even star wars". If it's so easy to make a JO map at this point, why haven't I seen one from you? You haven't even started working on your map it seems. Surely, you know the most about JO mapping then /sarcasm. There have been other complaints about your behavior, which you overlooked apparently. Too much spam of yours?

And about your comments, an example from this thread:

LOL.

I don't have Q3.

Don't want it either. That's SOOOOO 30 years ago.

Sorry then.

[/Quote]

That makes me laugh. This guy is beta testing his map. In order for it to work with JO it needs to be compiled with the official JO editing tools, which we don't have. The only way to beta test maps is by using other games. "That's SOOOOO 30 years ago". That SOOOOO sounds a lot like a kid (again, /sarcasm)

Don't start with me kid, because if you do, I won't let you off the hook till I say so.

I don't like to deal with children like you. So if you really want to try me, go for it.

Uh-oh.

Archived