Home

Aha! - jk2gamex86.dll crash Clues!!!What do y

TarzanBoy

Was over at my pal's house today trying to figure out what was causing his JK to crash.

It crashed in the normal two spots:

1. after the artus_topside cutscene when you are about to fight Desann

2. In Yavin temple when you walk into the room to first encounter Luke Skywalker and he draws his light saber

After messing around awhile and not getting anywhere, I decided to mess around and use some of the cheats.

So, while playing one of the levels, I used the npc spawn command from the console to create another Jan Ors - no problem.

Then I used the npc spawn to create a few stormtroopers - no problem

I summon a Lando - again, no problem

I summon Luke Skywalker - Instant crash!

I did a hard boot of the system (reset button) and tried summoning just Luke this time. Again, the game crashed.

The same exact thing also happenswhen I summon Desann.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Why should Luke and Desann crash the single player game?

I also tried summoning the jedi trainer. The first time I summoned him, there wasn't a problem. The second time I summoned him and tried to shoot him... the game crashed right as he pulled his light saber out to deflect the shot.

So, it is something about npc's with light sabers that make the game crash.

I don't know how to fix... but it doens't seem immediately obvious to me how video drivers would cause this problem.

I get that all the time.... I can't run the game without REBOOTING every five minutes. Jk2gamex86.dll crashes as well as other games, RTCW and MOHAA. I think its the Nvidia drivers for my Gf4. Its not XP cuz i reinstalled Win2K and it crashed as well. So far i'm running Detonators 27.42 on XP. It runs a bit longer if i turn on V-Sync. Anybody have a solution to this? 28.32 Detonators run even worse.

.... I'd also try re-installing the game or installing from a copy on your hard drive.

Noodlygod, you are a bonafide genius!

I (begrugdgingly and skeptically) backed up my save-games, and uninstalled JKO. Then I copied the cd to my hard drive and installed JKO from the hard drive.

The first thing I did was restore the save point that first crashed my system... and voila... NO CRASH.

Jedi academy: NO CRASH. I am very relieved... having this game work (properly) is a load off. I wll be sure to suggest this in a new post.

Archived