Home

Splitting up the community (-SC- vs -ASC-) What side are you on?

SilentDark

SCers are the students who wanna learn and have fun while the ASCers are the bad boys that everyone hates (girls included)...

I fail to see the relation. The implication is that you can only learn by doing things the "SC" way, which is balderdash [<-does this get modded?<g>] Of course you can learn simply by going to a duel server, and then by coming to an FFA server and adapting what you've learned as best you can.

I see the issue as a complex one related to social situations, a sense of belonging, and control. The funny part is that people who belong to an extremely geeky niche part of society (online FPS gamers), are seeking to create a deeper, more ritualized niche and further distance themselves. It's amusing to watch - wish I could write a psych paper on it<g>.

Again, I have no qualms about individual behaviors: have fun bowing and what-not. It's when you form sub-groups and factionalize a server that I have a problem.

-Jeff

Edit; minor spelling

Originally posted by Jaif

Again, I have no qualms about individual behaviors: have fun bowing and what-not. It's when you form sub-groups and factionalize a server that I have a problem.

-Jeff

Edit; minor spelling

I think it's would be great to see legions of *ASC* and -SC- battling across multiple public servers. It gives the whole thing a new dimension.

Soul-Burn, Artifex.

You guys need to calm down, this is becoming your own personal war rather then a ASC VS SC thing really.

ASC have fun playing that way, so be it.

SC have fun playing that way, so be it.

the ASC and the SC arent even a propper clan, just a bunch of guys who believe in a set of codes/rules.

The way to make it propper would be by forming a guild like in the JK days where there was a Saberists Guild (who I was part of) and the Weapons Guild.

I NEVER saw these two go at each other except in friendly manners and you two are dragging ASC and SC against each other in a NON friendly manner.

Its a game, some enjoy having a RPG element to it so they play that way and others are just there for the pure frag element of blasting and slicing their opponnents (victims?) into tiny little pieces called pixels/polygonal blood/particle systems/textured gibs.

If this keeps up we all better remove the ASC and the SC tags since it will at some point become embarassing to use any of them untill the ASC leader and Soul-Burn (who is not the SC leader, as far as I know the person who created SC/JDG was Obi-Cyph) behave and stop dragging this on and on.

Darth Sun -SC- (on verge of removing tag if this doesnt calm down)

Ichimoto Factory

Guest HertogJan
Originally posted by SilentDark

I think its a good idea. I kinda view -SC- and -ASC- like Sith and Jedi.

AAAAARGH!!! Dont you EVER say that again! I use ONLY dark (yeah and neutral) force powers! NEVER LIGHT FORCES!!

But I wear (this is the last time im sayying this) the -SC- tag, so I can be recognized as a saberist!!

I guess that -ASC- tag wearers hate to play with the saber.. I mean, that's what "Anti Saberist Code" means right? If you're against saberists, you musn't like saber duels... If you do, you've chosen the wrong tag... I think -ASC- is something for gunners, and -SC- for saberists... of course it is...

Originally posted by HertogJan

I guess that -ASC- tag wearers hate to play with the saber.. I mean, that's what "Anti Saberist Code" means right? If you're against saberists, you musn't like saber duels... If you do, you've chosen the wrong tag... I think -ASC- is something for gunners, and -SC- for saberists... of course it is...

Good points ;)

Originally posted by HertogJan

AAAAARGH!!! Dont you EVER say that again! I use ONLY dark (yeah and neutral) force powers! NEVER LIGHT FORCES!!

But I wear (this is the last time im sayying this) the -SC- tag, so I can be recognized as a saberist!!

Actually, using only guns wouldnt' be for or against *ASC*. The only reason "saberist" is in "Anti-saberist code" is because it was in "saberist code". It would probably be more accurate to say, "Anti-Callvote-Kicker Code".

Archived