Home

The End? DONT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME! *SPOILERS*

DarthBalls BONG

END SPOILER READ DOWN >>>>>>>

alright i wanted to know if I was alone on this but it seems like im the only person who has killed desann by crushing him with part of a column.... im I alone?

Throughout the entire game I was looking forward to the climatic battle and the return to the Valley of the Jedi. Even when Luke and Kyle were talking at the end, I was expecting a ship to take off out the window, and to have Jan and Kyle chase it to the Valley. Pretty much anything, just like I was expecting Kyle to return to the Valley, and somehow bring back Jan (I really didn't think they would kill off Jan...).

the best final saber fights in the movies (tpm and empire) werent confined to one small room

the combatants progressed through a series of rooms, chambers, and hallway's

thats what should have been done at the end of JK2, with desann stopping every now and then to fight kyle and then when a certain amount of damage has been done to him jumping away to some unreachable spot and mocking kyle as kyle moves on to the next bit where desann ambushes him again.

i made a mod of the secret bespin level in mots replacing darkkyle with vader and having a cog that made him jump away at the carbonite room when he recieved a certain amount of damage so he could reapear at the gantry. i never actually released it because sometimes it didn't work that well and i got bored of it.

anyway they should have done a similiar ending to JK2

-patch

Originally posted by patchx

the best final saber fights in the movies (tpm and empire) werent confined to one small room

the combatants progressed through a series of rooms, chambers, and hallway's

thats what should have been done at the end of JK2, with desann stopping every now and then to fight kyle and then when a certain amount of damage has been done to him jumping away to some unreachable spot and mocking kyle as kyle moves on to the next bit where desann ambushes him again.

-patch

That is exactly what i was thinking when i was reading down these posts, fighting through a few different rooms or corridors would have been great. Maybe you could have had to use your force powers while fighting him too, eg to pull down a tree to cross a gap or dessan could use force push to open a door as in TPM.

Have to say, I'm overall very happy with the ending.

My only major gripe was that the music that played at the start of the last level (you know, the musice that played when Vader and luke fought for the last time) didn't stay when I was dueling Desann. Once you approach Desann (or vice versa) the cool music cuts out - dang.

I wish that they actually had done something more then just kidnap Jan - for a while, I realy thought she was dead, and I roplayed the part of pissed of jedi. Things like pushing people off ledges suddenly became a viable moral choice. I understand for continuity purposes, why Jan had to live. Anyhow, I doubt Lucasfilm would approve Jan's death...

Archived