Home

Lady Sith Model/WIP

CheshireKat

Just a quick post. I have more images and will upload them tommorrow.

This is Lady Sith (tenative name), a model I'm working on for Jedi Outcast. She's a Female Zabrak, same species as Darth Maul. I decided to go this route instead of making a popular model such as Obi Wan or such so's to avoid making a model everyone else is making.

Hope you like her.

http://www.sphosting.com/cheshirekat/ZabrakFaceSkinBegun.jpg

http://www.sphosting.com/cheshirekat/LadySithFrntBck.jpg

http://www.sphosting.com/cheshirekat/LadySithAngles.jpg

I've mapped the head and Am workin on the three headskins now (default, red, and blue). I'm going to either Map the headreass or wait for the Tools. But the three faces are near completion. Right now I only have the Default posted, but I'll post the Blue and Red tommorrow.

The Skin theory is this in the end:

Default Skin: Lady Sith

Blue: Lady Jedi

Red: Lady Maul

The Lady Maul was suggested enough times that I decided to do it so not to be asked to do it in the future, so I decided to put her in as the Red Skin.

Feedback Appreciated.

:boushh:

Excellent so far Cheshire. You do know however that the Iridonian Zabrak's horns aren't always angled upward? No biggie to me anyways, as it's a very beautiful model already. I was wondering if you're going to give her the "mark" of the Sith? I have seen alot of "Sith" skins so far, but none with the mark. I will provide you a small shot of it just in case you're curious.

sithsymbol.jpg

This is found above the center of the Sith Lord's eye's, slightly lower than the center of the forehead. Sometimes, it is imbuded with a purple-black energey crackling along it's lines.

Once again, I hope this helps. ;)

Also, a user mentioned this somewhere else and it sounds like a great idea to be used on all Jedi/Sith models. You should always make the blue skin a slightly transparent "dead" version of your skin. I think that would be muy excellente...

Using Studio Max 4. I think it's interface is almost the same as G-Max's, but I've heard some of the tools are named differently, and the symbols look different too. But from what I've heard, if you can figure this out, you can follow the Max Tuts pretty well.

I cant re-register G-max... it's giving me some stupid error of some sort... like i do all the right steps but it always says It's not registered :( so I use 3d Studio R3..which also screws up in the perspective window...cant see a things except on wireframe :(

Anyway..that didnt stopped me.

On the subject of this thread.... the model does look excelent as the face paint... just one sugestion for a test... try to use less colours just to see how it ends up.. like maul's... a background color and a contrasting color for the shapes.

as for the sith symbol.. I have never seen that symbol before..the only one I ever saw was the one in Tie Fighter.. the Emperor's Inner Circle Symbol...anyone saw and/or remember that?

Be good...and keep it up Kat... I'm anxious to see the rest skinned. :)

Update:

Here's some links to the Head Skins. There pretty much finished, so I hope you like them.

Default:

http://www.sphosting.com/cheshirekat/Pictures/AaaLadySithDefault.jpg

Red:

http://www.sphosting.com/cheshirekat/Pictures/AaaLadySithRed.jpg

Blue:

http://www.sphosting.com/cheshirekat/Pictures/AaaLadyBlueNeyes.jpg

Now you gotta use your imagination and figure how I will got with Skinning the rest of the model.

:boushh:

Dude... you rock... those are excelent. Great work.

Ok that's two things ya have to teach me... how to skinmap... and how to model heads as good as that. :D

Splendid work Kat..really great... i cant wait to see how this one turns out :)

Keep at it dude...it's great.

Blood: The symbol above is the mark of Freedon Naad, or Naga Sadow, I can't remember which off-hand. It was given to all Sith Lords in 4000 BBY.

Kat: Again, remarkable stuff. I simply adore the flesh-tone model you have. But the red one is a bit to maul for me. I figure you did that for teamplay skins, but would you think about altering the costume instead of the face instead?

Anyways, keep up the good work people.

Blood, I wish I could teach you this stuff, but once again I'm a pretty weak teacher. The headmodeling I learned from that book I recomended to you before though.

L2.0 The Lady Maul is the Red Skin, but it was not intended originally. I made it to please the Masses. I usually hang out over at polycount, and during the build of the model, it was suggested so many times that I decided to do it to avoid dissapointment, and to avoid being asked to do it after it's complete. Three Skins is a big project to be working on at the same time, so I slipped her in here with the original skins. It's not a totaly bad thing though, since I have reference material to work from for this one. Doing my own stuff is always harder to do than work from reference stuff, so It will speed up the Red Skin anyways. As is it took me a couple of days to be happy with the default skin, and I'm still pondering the Blue skin (Dicide if I'll tweak after I finish her clothes and stuff) but Lady Maul only took me a couple hours to do. Aiee had a part to play in this though, since I did all the other tats freehand, and Lady Maul's after I read his Tut he posted for me.

All three will have different costume too. So She will esentially be three different characters in the end.

Thanks guys!

You must be using splines right?

By the way.. how did you do the eyes and mouth.

AS far as I know.. JO's models have holes in the eyes and mouth.

did you do that on lady sith or are the eyes part of the face and never close.. likewise for the mouth?

I sent you a bunch of renders Roger. Tell me if you get them. I'm inbetween Emails right now.

Blood Riot, No Splines. I haven't learned them yet. For heads I start with a Geodsphere and cut it in half mirroring the other half as Reference.

Eyes and Mouth are NOT going to be animated. So there is no eyeballs or inside of her mouth. I've yet to notice this in MP yet, and I am making her with MP intent, so I'll not be adding them. I decided to spend those polys elsewere. The eyes and mouth are shaped though. What's painted is pretty much what's modeled, though I didn't do eyelids this time.

The only thing I've noticed as far as Facial animation in MP so far is that the mouth opens, and I play quite a bit and have noticed I never have time to look at the dead bodys.

Seems to me that the Facial Animation is mostly SP intended anyways.

I'm having some UV problems right now, so it may be a bit before I get anymore progress. Textporter is doing some funky stuff for me.

I once saw hoew to model a head starting from a geometric form... dont remember if it was the geosphere... all i can say was that the model in the tutorial sucked so I decided to look for better ways to do it.

thx for that hint though. I'll be looking into it. I guess that past experiences just left me a lil unotivated... but I'll try tonight... maybe even show you something in a few hours.

Regarding your model, I hope you can fix that UV situation cuz I'm really anxious to see what you have in mind for the rest of the model.

Well Im off vertex pushing... widh me luck. and thx for the help.

Definatly a good start. The nose and upper lip always look like that for me too, until I do some more dividing and tweaking, but very nice.

Ive found modeling a face with a Geo saves you a helluva lot of polys to do it that way. Unless you get carried away dividing.

I hate optimising, so my models work a bit slower than I think yours do, since I'm always thinking of the polycount. The Lady Sith Head, took me a couple of hours once I had the design, then I stared at it for like two days trying to find good tweaks. I really got to quit that.

But keep it up and tell me how you like doing it that way.

A quick tip I didn't leave you before, cuz I didn't think you were gonna try it already!, is that before cutting the Geosphere in half, I kind of make a real basic skull shape out of it. From the front it looks like an egg, but from the side I give it a real basic human head shape which kinda resembles a skull.

Then I cut it in half and mirror a reference side.

On one last note: I got my UV problems figured out with some help from Space Monkey over at the Polycount Forums. I even got One of the Head Dresses SKinned tonight. I'm gonna update tommorrow, but probably not at SP.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~polycount/ubb/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=true

Star Wars is pretty hot over there too right now for some of us. You can get alot more feedback there too, so you should check it out. It's where i usually hang out, and learned ALOT of stuff from skinners and modelers.

Good Luck with everything.

SITH WITCHES - From The Art of Attack of the Clones book.

It seems like the idea for a female Sith villain was reconsidered early on in Episode II preproduction (after having also been dismissed in favor for Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace):

McCaig was personally disappointed that the search for the Sith veered away from a female character. "The first drawing I did for Episode II was a female Sith," McCaig recalled. "I remember George coming up and looking at it and asking what it was. 'It's your Sith, George', I said. 'It's got to be a woman!' In Darth Vader and Darth Maul we had two male Sith Lords and I thought this was a great opportunity to put a strong woman character out there."

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Sith%20Witches/Sith%20Witches%201.jpg

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Sith%20Witches/Sith%20Witches%202.jpg

Krillin: I use StudioMax, but we now have Gmax. It's very similar, and by the same company Discreet. It's supposed to be all you need for game editing characters. Check into it. Just do a search for Discreet.

Odisse: Very Cool! Though I had an original idea there. The hoode one is very similar to what I had in mind for the Default SKin's Torso. Thanks for the reference.

Originally posted by Darth Odisse

SITH WITCHES - From The Art of Attack of the Clones book.

Actually, there have been "sith witches" and "jedi witches" for years. Run a search on the Internet for the Witches of Dathomir. They did a story in the EU about them probably 5 or so years ago, if not longer.

And Cheshire: Do you ever read your PMs? :)

Archived