Home

Just finished the game

ImportJedi

I too just finished the game and I enjoyed it. I love the Force powers, they add a great deal to the game.

This game was considerably better than Unreal and the Quake series, but I think I still like Serious Sam a little bit more.

My biggest gripe about this game was the jumping. Never once did I think to myself, "Cool! More jumping puzzles!" I realize that incorporating jumping into puzzles made them more dynamic and we surely don't want a game that is 100% hack and slash. But I did get annoyed when I knew what to do, but my hands were not quick enough to hit jump at just the right time.

The best parts of the game including using force powers to overcome obstacles, including pushing Stormtroopers off a cliff/wall, the graphics of the characters, the humor of Stormtrooper banter, and the fact that it's the Star Wars universe.

It's certainly worth the money, but I think level design could have been much better.

I've seen a lot of posts complaining about the jumping puzzles. They really didnt bother me at all. This is probably because the whole time I played I kept thinking how cool it would be if I had jedi powers and could do some of these things in real life (I know I'm a geek so there's no need to point it out :) ) There were really only a couple places I got frustrated but that wasn't till I tried the game out on a higher difficulty. The Lando and Prisoner levels became a real pain in the butt then but I being so hard made me feel prett good when I finally beat them. I have to say that this is the best FPS I've played but I never played Unreal or Quake 3 so I guess I dont have much to compare it to.

again, to reiterate--its not that the jump puzzles were hard, per se--it was that you'd have no problem doing them if that was you so it takes away from the realism...i think that's what he was getting at...oh and yeah--i dont remember thinking wow! great--another jump puzzle! actually--those were usually the points were i quit and went and did something outside for a while..so in a way--thanks to sh!ty level design i have a nice tan

:monkey4:

I think that the expansion should be called Kyle meets his doom. I mean how long can he go on? Maybe they'd create a game where you could choose a type of character that you wanted to play as.

I liked JK1, but MOTS got to be a royal pain. Plus Kyle has all these Force powers after JK1 AND he's training Mara. Then, when you take over at the beginning all you can do is run, jump, etc. What happened to all those powers he developed in JK1? The only redeeming quality of MOTS was the Drummond Kaas levels; they were pretty cool.

Archived