Home

The Jedi of the Old Republic MOD (poll)

Rajess MoDuron

Is this MOD idea...  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Is this MOD idea...

• Too extensive to try at ANY point in time...
    • Revolutionary, but your prose sucks, I'd really like to see someone who can write tell us what you mean...
    • Idiotic...what are you THINKING?
    • Exactly what we always wanted...thank you you beautiful sonofagun!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely agree with the force powers post; I would love to be able to use push pull and grip to move stuff around. However, there is no way that a FPS could be turned into an MMORPG, that would require modifications to the engine itself, not to mention a server infrastructure far larger than any non-profit modding group could hope to own.

Okay, I had to post this before I forgot:

You should be able to do a mini-wall walk on walls if you are already in mid-air by pressing the jump key. Also if you jump once near a wall and then hit the jump key again you should follow-through with the wall-walk animation.

Another cool option is if you fall you should be able to "slide down" the wall and kick off before landing. Maybe also 'dig' your saber into the wall so you can 'hang' there and position yourself before falling, preventing damage to yourself.

Cheers ;)

All this looks very, very good!

But do you realize that since health is partly force, then people might possibly retreat every moment to let their force recharge? After a person is hit, he might just retreat to "regenerate" his health.

Overall, a very ambitious idea and ultimately very cool, I really hope you guys get the new saber stance animations in place, that'd be awesome.

Ah, but you see something that would be incorporated is people not being able to walk backwards as fast as forwards. And the entire time they are regenerating, so is their opponent. That tactic would hopefully die out fairly quickly. Also, if you are getting your tushy kicked, we hope to make it so obvious that no amount of running will save you.

Another cool option is if you fall you should be able to "slide down" the wall and kick off before landing. Maybe also 'dig' your saber into the wall so you can 'hang' there and position yourself before falling, preventing damage to yourself.

Yep, make a hole and then plug your hand into. But wouldn't it be a bit difficult to code that ? On how could you do that while falling ?

Ah, but you see something that would be incorporated is people not being able to walk backwards as fast as forwards. And the entire time they are regenerating, so is their opponent. That tactic would hopefully die out fairly quickly. Also, if you are getting your tushy kicked, we hope to make it so obvious that no amount of running will save you.

I noticed that with the latest patch, bots go slower when they run backwards.

Anyway, I concur that to recharge yourself in Stamina, you should simply pause and have a break, meaning that in the heat of a fight, you won't have such oportunities, and once you started to fight against your oponent, it will be quite useless to try to run away if you're getting weak, cause your oponent will run faster and still be stronger than you.

And also, running saps stamina. Walking is slow, and not an effective manner of retreat. Wouldn't happen all that often, and would be writing your own death warrant.

Agreed. All this would force players to finish a fight... except if a wall of energy pops out between them. ;)

Sounds good!

I think I was merely skipping the answers on the last few pages, got a little tired of reading...

Excellent idea! But how about simply stopping the recharge of force if you're running? That way, people would have to find a safe spot for healing/recharging or resort to walking. Maybe running draining force is a bit overkill.... It might result in some weird fights.

what if you were to make the sword combat more realistic by that when 2 people duel, they are locked facing each other, the keyboard is the only thing to move you around and your mouse, instead of looking around, will move the lightsaber in the fashion that you move your mouse. Jabs and special moves could be done with the mouse buttons, but otherwise, the fight becomes a more realistic one where to block you actually have to move your saber to block it and you must swing your saber away from the other persons in order to score a hit(one hit kill)

About the hanging, i dont think he meant to do a hole? Just slash the saber into the wall and sliiiiide down while doing a fat hole in the wall :D

It's a shame you already got people i would be real happy to work on this.. but if u got people you got people..:(

I think you have run into a problem with your title.

Well that is if your going to incorporate Darth Maul

and other various jedi (sith etc.) from the more up to

date story line. Now from what I've read (the first page of this thread)

It seems like you have a nice setup and I truly wish you

luck and offer whatever help I may be able to assist you with.

:dsaber:

As some have said you have chosen to use many stances

but I hope you find a talented animator to do all of these.

:dsaber:

I hope that light saber fighting in your mod will be crafted

around the way its truly done. For instance dueling is not always

fast pace, take for example Darth Maul and the duel of fates, he

kinda stared them down and then they fought fiercer and fiercer.

When I think about what I said, I guess it would be hard to do

but that all depends on the combos. (I do not yet own JK2 but am purchasing)

Im not too familiar with the already established jk2 gameplay but

I have a clue.

.:::::::::::::::::: ps ::::::::::::::::::::

Boba fett is not dead, according to eu.

Apparently the chemicals in the sand

beast's intestines could not render him

paralyzed because his armor absorbed it

all and eventually he blastered his way out

into the desert but was naked during his

long journey back. yeah!:fett::fett2::jango:

Archived