Home

How do I bind animations to a key?

SilentDark

im not sure if there is an animation list out yet....if there is one released then we can bind keys to those hidden animations that we cant do and even some we dont see in the game....for example the sideways flip that reborns and luke etc.. .can do, and also those darth maul like spin moves that arent in the game to the best of my knowledge but the animations are there....

You cannot do the animations like that. Binding them to a key doesn't work because when you hit a bound key, it executes the command bound to it, and since animation names aren't commands, it does nothing.

If there is a seperate command to do animations (which I don't believe there is), then yes, you could do it that way.

You can NOT bind animations to keys, HOWEVER, you CAN bind movements to keys. What do I mean? Say you want to bind the "Wall-Walk" movement to one key. It's simple. You just do this:

bind x "+forward;+moveright;+moveup"

Where "x" is the key you want to bind it to. That little bind will execute the wall walk animation if the wall is on your right. (Duh, simply replace "right" with left in the script to bind it to wall walk left)

Originally posted by Lord Nodata

You can NOT bind animations to keys, HOWEVER, you CAN bind movements to keys. What do I mean? Say you want to bind the "Wall-Walk" movement to one key. It's simple. You just do this:

Where "x" is the key you want to bind it to. That little bind will execute the wall walk animation if the wall is on your right. (Duh, simply replace "right" with left in the script to bind it to wall walk left)

You can bind any command to a key, period. Whether there is a command to cause an animation to execute is the question, I think we are pretty aware of binding movements to the key, but you of course realize you need to some how issue a -foward, -moveup, and a -moveright, or you'll be in stickykey mode AND unable to jump again until you do.

Originally posted by WhiteChedda

but you of course realize you need to some how issue a -foward, -moveup, and a -moveright, or you'll be in stickykey mode AND unable to jump again until you do.

Nope. See, since the jump command is at the END of the string, and since the game knows that the jump command ENDS when you touch something, you'll be able to do just fine with the script I posted there. Including repeated jumps.:p

Nope. See, since the jump command is at the END of the string, and since the game knows that the jump command ENDS when you touch something, you'll be able to do just fine with the script I posted there. Including repeated jumps.

This only works in MP, if someone was wanting to do this in SP, they have to use the coresponding - keys to finish it out. If you dont believe me, copy exactly what you typed bind x "+forward;+moveright;+moveup" and paste it into the console and try this, you will never stop strafeing till you activate the - movements.

Originally posted by Valdarious

This only works in MP, if someone was wanting to do this in SP, they have to use the coresponding - keys to finish it out. If you dont believe me, copy exactly what you typed bind x "+forward;+moveright;+moveup" and paste it into the console and try this, you will never stop strafeing till you activate the - movements.

Was unaware they did that in multi, after testing console commands in SP, I assumed MP was the same, Thanks for the tip Valdarious..

Ok, acting on silentdark's observation in the assets pack, i began looking for animation config flies.

I sorted winzip alphabetically, and it turns out theres about 14 animation.cfg files.

in the animation.cfg file about 5 from the last animation.cfg file, the following commands are there:

BOTH_DEATH1 0 32 -1 20

BOTH_DEAD1 31 1 -1 20

BOTH_DEATH2 32 26 -1 20

BOTH_DEAD2 57 1 -1 20

BOTH_DEATH3 58 32 -1 20

BOTH_DEAD3 89 1 -1 20

Maybe these were somehow used by the people who were faking their death.

I also found some named BUTTERFLY something or other....but silentdark already said they don't work.

Originally posted by Lord Nodata

I want to bind a key to strafe left or right and perform a roll if the strafe key is pressed twice in quick sucssesion is it possible ? :confused:

If it is can someone give me the command

I have an altered cfg that lets you do the butterfly in the place of the roll but I didnt like how it turned out so I dont use it. It makes you skate across the screen about 5x the distance than a normal roll. I and the person that helped me out with this couldnt get the arials to work the way that the butterfly does.

Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

I want to bind a key to strafe left or right and perform a roll if the strafe key is pressed twice in quick sucssesion is it possible ? :confused:

If it is can someone give me the command

C:\Unreal Tournament\UnrealTournament.exe ?

No, it cannot be done with the console, you would have to rewrite the input part of the code to treat a "double tap" differently, You could probably write MOD which extended the current input functionality, but if you wanted to do this fairly across the board, you'd have to just make a new command for rolls and let a player bind it to whatever, so...............

Theoretically binding a key to +moveleft; +movedown; wait; -moveleft; -movedown

will roll left and using moveright will do rolling right, foward will do foward, etc.... But you'll have to test it and its likely wiat will need to be changed depending on the server you are on, so........

Though wait might not be necessary?

Archived