Home

My final try, or I give up.......:(

SAGOA

Hello, all.

Now, I read some people here totally flying off the handle because they can't get past so and so level, or that the saber combat sux. I, on the other hand, totally love this game....BUT, I am have a hell of a time here with multiplayer. I don't want to be overcome with frustration, but it's getting that way.

Here is the deal:

My friend and I (both 56K {yeah, I know} and hardware specs well above recommended) would like to play our own, private internet room game. Neither of us can ever find the other's game? It just doesn't show on the list! We have tried to connect via IP, but still no good. I can never find his IP and he does find mine, but when he tries to connect, it just keeps waiting for connection. He waited for 15 minutes once! So what's the deal? We play MechWarrior 4 and Quake 3 this way with no troubles.

Please, please help me out Raven so I can stop ranting and just get on with having a good time.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you guys using the ingame server browsers? If not you might possibly want to try grabbing gamespy or the all seeing eye... something like that. These programs will let you see all the games running on the net. One of those programs might help out... just a suggestion.

Me and a mate had the same problem, the only way I fixed it was for me to set up a dedicated internet server and set a password for it, once it's set up it will take you back to windows with the just the jkii console running

Now, your mate will have to look for the server in the list of all the other internet servers, he should see it, and be able to connect to it with the password

You need to look for it in the local servers - yours should be the only one lsisted - type in your password and log in - you should both be able to log in and fight, but I'm an a cable connection, not sure how well this will work on a 56k connection

Oh and just to note, the guy with the highest spec machine should be the one to host the server :)

Hope it helps man!

Mal Brigand -JDG-

Originally posted by brigand1138

Me and a mate had the same problem, the only way I fixed it was for me to set up a dedicated internet server and set a password for it, once it's set up it will take you back to windows with the just the jkii console running

Now, your mate will have to look for the server in the list of all the other internet servers, he should see it, and be able to connect to it with the password

You need to look for it in the local servers - yours should be the only one lsisted - type in your password and log in - you should both be able to log in and fight, but I'm an a cable connection, not sure how well this will work on a 56k connection

Oh and just to note, the guy with the highest spec machine should be the one to host the server :)

Hope it helps man!

Mal Brigand -JDG-

I'd go for the one with the highest bps connection myself, but... ;)

Lets see, mal do you have any kind of instant message service? I'd like to see if I can host a game and if BOTH of you can find it since I know I have no firewall/proxy issues, and I am on 56K.

In the meantime, make sure you disbale ALL background applications such as virus check, firewall, etc....

Then first select join server, and make sure you set your connection type correctly, then, escape out and start a server.

On this screen ensure you set at least 2 human slots, 1 is for you the other for your friend, and set the other things however you want. You might look at advanced options also for other settings you'll want to use.

Then start your game, tell your friend to give you about 5 minutes to get it running and all, now he needs to do a refresh of internet games or try the direct IP connect, either way.

If you need to do direct ip, use winipcfg to figure out your modems IP address before you run JK2. Or if your on a w2k/XP box use the command prompt and type ipconfig to get it.

I try and find my IP that way (ipconfig), but it flashes on the screen too fast and than is gone.....so I looked at my connection and found an IP for server and client....I gave him client assuming that was me....he finds the game, but says no one is inside and he can't join....interesting thing is the IP it finds adds on digits to the end of the IP....I don't know, it doesn't look like our game, but the IP is right? This is such a pain! WhiteChedda, I recognize your name, I've played in a game with you before, is it your game hosted 56k? How did you get it to show?

Originally posted by SAGOA

I try and find my IP that way (ipconfig), but it flashes on the screen too fast and than is gone.....so I looked at my connection and found an IP for server and client....I gave him client assuming that was me....he finds the game, but says no one is inside and he can't join....interesting thing is the IP it finds adds on digits to the end of the IP....I don't know, it doesn't look like our game, but the IP is right? This is such a pain! WhiteChedda, I recognize your name, I've played in a game with you before, is it your game hosted 56k? How did you get it to show?

I am guessing you are using XP or WIN2K, so you can ignore the advice of the the guy telling you to run winipcfg, it is only included with win9x kernels. To find your IP:

Click Start | Run then type cmd and click OK.

at the C: prompt, type ipconfig. It will now display your ipaddress to get full IP information (DNS servers, etc.) type ipconfig /all

Hope this helps.

Sounds like you are running Windows XP. If this is the case, you need to disable the windows built in firewall. first open up your connection manager

next open up the options for your internet connection (you might need to disconnect from the net to do this) and find the tab that says firewall it should have a check box next to it. unclick it. I really hope that helps.

and yes the client IP is you.

Originally posted by brigand1138

Hope it helps man!

Mal Brigand -JDG-

I had the same problem and this is what i did

Archived