Home

Mod Idea: Blade

CrimsonGuard

Could this be a enjoyable mod for JK2  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Could this be a enjoyable mod for JK2

• Definatly! I can´t wait to play the first beta!
    • No! Get lost! The idea is boring and every work on this would be a waste of time.
    • I can´t really say.
    • This is not the kind of game I usually play.
    • I don´t know the movie and have no idea what you are talking about!

As I post a thread of this kind in every JK2 Forum I can find, I´ll do so here aswell.

I assume, most of you ppl know the movie "Blade" with Wesley Snipes.

While playing JK2 SinglePlayer, swinging my saber I thought that the JK2 engine would be perfect for a Blade mod.

First I thought about it as a multiplayer mod in the way "JediMaster" works.

One player becomes Blade, after finding and taking the "blade" and the others players (vampires of course) hunt him.

Nice idea so far, but the problem there is, that it might be quite frustrating for those guys wanting to be Blade but aren´t fast or good enough to pick up the sword.

Now I think that a singleplayer mod (maybe with some multiplayer within as described above) would make more sense.

The story could be adapted from the motion picture (the first one).

I guess this mod could be quite some fun and the JK2 engine has almost all the features needed for this mod.

There is a rich choice of weapons (which would of course use silver bullets ;) ), there is the saber/sword for Blade, there are special abilities like speed, jump, etc. (those things mentioned in the movie...abilities only vampires have).

The use the abilities would stick together with what now is the ForcePower (I don´t know the english word...the thing on the lower left of the HUD in JK2). This would become something like a Bloodgage which needs some refilling after using the abilities.

So, Blade would have to suck blood from NPCs, which could possibly affect his vision as he is not used to the "normal" thirst for blood, vampires are used to.

Just to refill hier blood gage the would be injections with the "famous" Blade Serum which he uses instead of drinking human blood.

As you see, the engine has almost everything this Mod would need.

Unfortunatly I can´t do any work on this as I can neither make maps nor models nor write the programcode as I don´t master any of these skills.

All I have the idea and the hope that some people might sit together and get this mod done.

I´d really love to play it.

That´s about it. Tell me what you think about it, please.

And now my little disclaimer: All mistakes made in the text above or in this sentence are due to my bad english skills which have heavily decreased after finishing school. I did the best I could and I hope you get at least an idea of what I´m talking about. :)

Archived