Home

Heir to the Empire - Mod - Idea... (book spoiler)

H-street

Top idea mate. I love the original Zahn trilogy (his hand of thrawn trilogy wasn't as good). Anyway you are right it's ripe for conversion and will relate very well to the current games time frame. Include some Talon Karrde stuff and the Noghri and i am so there it will be all i play. Fighting Jorus C'Boath would be a brilliant ending and of course fighting Luuke as well.

DO IT!

This idea has been floating around the forums for a while, and I really would like to help with it. I haven't ever mapped with a Q3 derivative, but I've done a lot of Unreal/UT and old duke3d mapping. (I'm in the process of learning GTK Radiant right now)

This would be a tough project, but I believe it is doable.

If anyone is interested, head to http://www.cutefuzzysquirrel.org/contact.php to get in contact with me.

Great Idea! Though the idea for the Zahn trilogy isn't new, I especially like the your proposal to play multiple characters. It may even be fun to play this as a Co-op multiplayer. Though this may not really work in some cases, and it all depends on what wired lamp are doing. I hope to see this get off the ground, because it would be pretty disapointing to see this one fade into a forgotten dream...

(This is H-street at work )

I've actually started the preliminary planning, and just to see what it would take i did a quick and dirty Grand Admiral Thrawn skin from Chiss ( actually doesn't look all that aweful)....

but anyways..

Looks like this project might actually get some support: The current issue i can see right now is

I don't see any of the single source code explanation

To make some of those nice cinematic in game cutscenes, not sure what this would entail but a must for a what i had in mind,

i did read about the in game , pre rendered, cinematics but i wouldn't want to do that.

also in game events , things like that.

I'm going to start work on a little webpage for the project, which i should have it up by this weekend ( or beginning of next week)..

in the mean time, i've started to go through the book and get anything out i think might be good....

Anyways it sgood to see there will be some support for this project..

if we buckle down and get serious im in. :jawa im looking to join a serious MOD/TotalConversion team cause i really want to get involed and make a career in the game field a posibility. so let me know whats up

if this is serious, that means includes good coders etc i am defenetly in, i can model and skin and i am learning as i go along...so pm me if the project takes off.....

as for other ideas for it, we could include a speeder and/or other viechles that would require some serious coding thou ;P

i am seeing something similar to the HALO viechle engine/control system, that would rock....

so lets see where this goes :)

Archived