Home

How Do you do this Saber move?

leelink

I want to do the move where a player does a jump and then flips his legs over his body and swings while upside down and then lands on his feet.

anyone know how to do this. it kind of looks like the move where you push off the side of a wall and he does a cartwheel move only this isnt near any walls.

Leelink,

Pick the light style (blue). If you hold forward while jumping you'll notice that you roll instead of just leap. So you need to do a jump+attack while holding forward. Each saber style has a version of this....light seems to do the upside-down swing the best. Of course heavy always does the most damage. :)

Soul burn, no this move is not in the manual and that is why i am asking here. still my question hasnt been answered. the move is rarely seen but i have seen someone do it and no players were around him. I have seen some people in duel do it, but didnt think of asking at the time.

it is not a "downward swing"... the player is upside down when doing the swing. the best i can describe it is... The player jumps up in the air and then bends at the waist so he forms a letter L in the sky with his head facing the ground and his legs out straight. them he twist and his legs go over his head and he moves his saber from left to right over the ground below his head. then his feet complete the flip and he lands on the ground. there is no rolling involved and it is not the hack or strong swing. I have only seen it done in the light stance.

If someone has a demo of this please send it to me at leelink@tampabay.rr.com

thats how I saw someone do it was by accident, but he did it by accident 3 times in a row. said he was just mashing the buttons though and wasnt sure how he was doing it.

I know all the other moves but this one move and it looks so damn cool but, I dont know how to do it.

Reply to below:

The person that was doing this wasnt standing next to anyone or anything and I have try to duplicate but only have had rare success with it. like i have only done it twice since the game came out.

You accomplish this by jumping over someone and attacking down when they are really close (I think) . I'm pretty sure it is something that just happens, like the spin moves. I don't think that you can consistently do it with a certain button combo.

I know exactly what you are talking about...

Here is how you do it:

You have to be in Medium stance and facing your opponent (i.e. your cursor has to be red on him, AND they have to be close to you).

If you fulfill the above and then hit forward+jump+attack AT THE SAME TIME, you will do the move, EVERY time. I guarantee it.

If someone is doing it without having someone present, they must have found a way to bind the movement to a key.

I promise you, this is the way to do the move you are asking about.

DarthFreak you hit the nail on the head!! that is exactly the move i am talking about. I have seen people do it not standing next to anyone. any idea how its done?

SlappyJoe might have it right. gonna test it right now.

YEP ITS RIGHT. if done right you should see the move im talking about. although I havent gotten the hang of it yet (distance and timing) it does seem to work. thanks slappyjoe. the person that did this to me was pretty far away. much further then i have been able to do it, so maybe theres another trick to it. but just know how to do it is half the battle.

I was using the light stance btw to do this.

Just to reference to the its int he manual, check out the readme.rtf located somewhere in the games installed directory and go down and read all the moves, you should find what you are looking for. And yes it is the medium finishing move the other two fellows were talking about that you are asking how to do, listed in the readme.rtf.

Sundevil

first post here... glad to have helped....

(I have noticed that occasionally I can do it when further away, but I have not replicated it consisently. I gave the method that consistently gives you the result).

EDITED FOR FOLLOWING:

VeX_5150 was correct all along ;) My post was just a confirmation.

Archived