Home

Working on Dark Forces version of kyle, need help!!!

Infinity Blade

I'm currently working on a Dark Forces type kyle, but I don't know of any resource material to use. My game got toasted long ago , and I don't remember how he looks.

Here's a face I was kinda tossing around, but I think it'll probably look more like JK Kyle instead of DF Kyle...

kyleface.jpg

It's a quite altered Chiss head. :) I'm not sure if I'll use it for anything, just experimenting.

If anyone could post an image or link to a site where I can find whatever glimpses of his appearance that are available, I will be very grateful.

Thanks!

As far as I'm aware this is the only time you see Kyle pictured in dark forces,...

and as far as him being in his early twenties,.... I hate it when people go back and rewrite history to suit their stories needs.

Kyle was supposed to be an expert mercenary, a veteran soldier, and in his early twenties,... yeah right.

I'm not "rewriting history". If I did, Kyle would be at least fifty during the events in JKO otherwise - and the folks at Raven claim that Kyle is in his late thirties in JKO.

Which brings us to the point of a viable timeline and continuity... That's another thread entirely.

And besides, stranger things have happened than a Force Attuned young man become good at what he was trained for at the Accademy. Like...Uh...I don't know... A ten-year-old winning a Pod race - and then single-handedly taking out an entire Droid Control ship; something that the best pilots of Naboo couldn't even do.

I wasn't accusing YOU of re-writing history,...

But I know there have been far too many instances where someone writes something, then someone else goes back and re-writes it to suit their ideas,...

That's the kind of thinking that ruined the EU books for me, and the Highlander story,...

I shed a single tear for Highlander with all it's bastard children,.... ;)

Well, it's already been pointed out that gray hair can come at just about any age, really. I'm 19, and I have a single strand of gray hair...Which I find strange..

And come to think of it...one of my old high school teachers had some kind of half-gray, half-black thing going on - one side and the other. And he was 39 at the time.

And Kyle's been through a lot. That gray hair just might be a sign of his wear and tare, not necessarily his age.

infinity_blade :

It does not necessarily concern you, but there is a Dark-Forces-Kyle available already...

Quite a good one, too.

Done by starunner (if I remember correctly).

The sole mistake he made was to use too skinny a model for a man who is wearing a metallic looking armor beneath a not so light leather jacket.

I would certainly apreciate seeing a better attempt at young Kyle...I doubt there are any suitable models, though.

That face skin you posted looks mighty fine, indeed !

Archived