Home

Common Rules.

Azraelt

I was just wondering, what is up with all the people being so cheap?

I have my saber retracted, I get killed.

I say I am going to duel (username) at (location)

and 3 other people come and start attacking me, even when my saber is retracted they keep attacking, and I do not fight back, they do not stop.

I am running away, with saber retracted, after saying I would meet someone at a location for a duel, people chase me down. Even after I yell "stop I am going to a duel", they still persist.

Are people so desperate for a kill they will resort to anything no matter the cheapness. Isn't it just common courtesy to respect others? I have been playing mp since this game came out and I have only found 3 people who are actually fair, honest, decent people that value respect and enjoyment over mindless killing. Even if you people do not like this type of action, the least you can do is respect the way that I enjoy playing and give me the same respect I give all of you. I won't attack when a person is down on the ground, if I person wants to pause in a duel, I'll go along with it and retract my saber until they are ready, I will not use cheap moves or spam others because they killed me. Why is it so hard for people to stop attacking if I ask them to? I know this is a game and you are suppose to kill each other, but a little common respect and understanding would be nice. I know a few people on this board feel the same way as I do, do you get frustrated when you ask someone nicely to leave the area while you duel? To stop attacking when your saber is retracted? Sometimes when people do these things it really upsets me and i have to use all my of strength to refrain from yelling out in anger.

Anyways, I just needed to let off some steam, thanks for listening to my rant. If your going to flame me, don't even bother, I am not going to acknowledge any person who flames. It will simply be a waste of your own time.

Good Day.

:slsaber:

well what can i say? lifes a b1+c# then you die. dogs bark. fish swim. birds fly. people are idiots.

i say screw the score and just have fun.

btw, from the last line of your post, this was your "gonna blow my stack now" post hearby known as the GBMSN post. felt good diddent it?:D game is so much more fun after this point.

good luck dude

btw do you wanna dual sometime? you sound like a nice person to play with. no for real!;):D

Don't put your saber down then. If I see a person with their saber down I kill them for being an idiot. Not to get a kill. Want to deul someone, go to a duel server. Everyone gets too worked up about etiquette and honor. Its a freaking game. If someone kills you, you should say to yourself, "damn, that was retarded of me, I better not do that again."

see, that is the kinda attitude that gets me against someone... if I have it down and someone comes at me like that, then I will:

1) kick their ass

2) throw them off every ledge I have a chance to for the rest of the time I am playing on that server

3) go after them to kick their ass more.

You are right, it is just a game, but it is also a community and people should respect one another just like they do in real life.

Attitudes like that make me wonder why I don't go to the dark side.

It's sad because most people who act with no respect are normally stupid teenagers who think it's fun because they play too much CS.

Originally posted by RiverWalker

see, that is the kinda attitude that gets me against someone... if I have it down and someone comes at me like that, then I will:

1) kick their ass

2) throw them off every ledge I have a chance to for the rest of the time I am playing on that server

3) go after them to kick their ass more.

I totally agree dude. Kill me in a cheap way and I will ignore everyone else on the server and target you for the rest of the night (Rocket launcher point blank while your back is turned to me if possible). 2 can play at that game @SS :D

DA :guard:

I would like to point out to all of the so-called Sith...

You would do well to remember that even a SITH doesn't kill an unarmed Jedi. If you attack an unarmed Jedi, all it proves is that you have to kill them when they can't fight back, because there isn't any way you could beat them if they fought you.

Hence, anyone that cheap-kills people, can't play the game anyway.

Hey, this happens to me a lot. It's a FFA, so I view it as 'collateral damage'.

So you get whacked. Respawn, and meet the person you wanted to duel......

IMO, chasing someone down for the rest of the map gets you away from what you wanted to do in the first place (duel) so why do this?

I'll tell you what really pisses me off: When I'm IN a duel, some numbnuts getting in the way so I don't have a clear shot at my opponent. Now THAT is cheap.....

How about the newbies that seem to think that they can hit you in Duel Mode? Isn't that rather annoying?

I've just found a server that I love, and am going to stay at. The op is a cool guy, and when there aren't ppl on, there's bots, so I never get bored.

The bots actually have brains too :)

No, I'm not telling which server either.

Originally posted by Kataarn

How about the newbies that seem to think that they can hit you in Duel Mode? Isn't that rather annoying?

Guess Im a newb then, cause I KNOW you can hit someone in a deul. Simply throw your saber at them and they will get hurt...EVEN IF THEY ARE IN A DUEL. :p:D

I went to the server [LiCk] - DO NOT ATTACK IF SABRE NOT DRAWN and it sucked. I left very quickly. As soon as I joined the game I saw a guy with his saber retracted so I ignored him and went by. As soon as I walked by him, he threw his saber into my back. When I turned around he had turned his saber back off. I killed him. Yep, I killed him with his saber down. He took a cheap shot when I was trying to follow the rules, so I killed that unarmed b!tch and I'd do it again. Last time i ever go to that server. Servers: If you're gonna have rules like that: ENFORCE THEM!

Originally posted by Kataarn

Heh, mebbe only with throws then, because I know for a fact that swings don't hurt me.

You still hear the 'you hurt me' sound, but it does no damage.

When you throw your saber at someone who's engaged in a duel with another player, you hear the "you hurt me" sound, and it DOES do damage to them. I've killed people this way....just testing ofcourse.:D

This whole use of the word honorable is just about retarded.

You can play fairly with people - that doesn't mean honor. People are trying to attach values to a game that aren't there... It cracks me up that people take this light side / dark side stuff soooo seriously in their games.

If you are in a FFA match - don't deactivate your saber without expecting to get hammered. And Hell, if they do attack you because you're waiting around for some honor duel, whip your blade out and take them on. IT IS A GAME.

Now, I am not advocating that everyone runs around without showing respect to the other players. The online community needs to show each other respect when playing for sure. But bowing and all this other stuff... if that's what you want, create your own server and dictate the rules. If I join that server, I will play along (I may not bow, but I'll allow you to do your ritual). Don't join someone elses server who is running a wholesale slaughter game and expect everyone to be Luke Skywalker.

(PS> Respect for me would be attacking someone with their lightsaber off > and if they told me they were waiting for a duel, I would move on, but really, they had it coming).

Your not alone Azraelt. Consider me the forth person you have talked to that wouldnt do that kind of thing. Yes there are some people out there that will kill anything that looks easy to get that extra kill to get on top. One thing to consider though, on almost any server you find in the public servers there is going to be 1 if not more that dont even know about these boards. Alot of the people I see posting here "say" that they would respect this, dont know for sure since I dont play on alot of public servers and I havent seen alot of the posters on the servers that I do play on. I am not saying this has to be honoralbe or whatever you want to call it. I just mean I would rather have some compitition than killing random people for extra frags. I play this game alot differently than most other FPS. I dont complain to people for playing the way they want, I just dont go back to the server if I dont like it, leave and come back another time or try to find 1 or 2 people on the server that have the same interests as I do.

It's just a game, yes. All games have rules right? In this case the rules are set by the game designers, but they are not really rules. Think of them as guidelines. The people that play the game make the rules.

Imagine a football game where one team calls a timeout but the other team continues to play and consequently scores. Do you think this could POSSIBLY happen in real life without some sort of repersussion or reprimand??....get with the program.

It's a game...games are about having fun...if your idea of fun includes killing people at inapproriate times then I guess we are just supposed to accept it? Are you not imposing your style/ideal of play on us in that case?

Simple as this..next time you fight someone treat their style of play with as much respect as you want yours to be treated. If someone is obviously not interested in fighting LEAVE THEM ALONE. You will earn their respect, believe me.

Respect is what this world is all about...a little more of it and things would be a whole lot better.

I'm with you too, Azraelt.

In fact I started a thread around here that said pretty much the same thing.

What I've discovered is that yes, there are those punks who don't care, but they have a point in that it is FREE FOR ALL, so complaining will do little good.

I have found some really cool servers out there where everyone seems to respect everyone else and fights tend to be fair. You need only look and you'll find them too.

To those who would label us "whiners" and say "it's just a stupid game" , understand this: I choose to conduct myself in the game as I do in real life. I respect others, do not insult or harm the weak and inexperienced, and try to improve myself and my abilities every chance I get.

I always enjoy meeting others in the game who play as I do, as it enhances our mutual experience.

To fight and conquer in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy with no fight at all, that's the highest skill.

- Sun Tsu

I cant stand it when I'm in a saber only server and my lightsaber is off and some nOOb comes along thinking he's going to get an easy kill and tries to do me.

I usually type in something like "nOOb: Saber off = Cut my head off? WTF !!!???"

Then I target that person for the rest of the night and ignore everyone else playing. I just kill him over and over and over and over and over and over ad finitum.

Target the lamers - its fun.

BTW - Yes I've given into the dark side. Don't get angry (get even) Revenge is sweet.

DA :p

Dear lord...

I can understand that some people get pissed about people not treating them with the respect they would like. But at the moment it is going too far. If some "lamer" chucks me off a ledge, like the last person said, his ass is mine. He petter prepare to be pushed all over the place. I use force pull to make sure they can't run away from me :D. But I never would have come to this forum to start ranting about it. I just think to myself: Ha, tosspot. I'm going to get him now.

When this guy I was duelling spammed DFA about 30 times before catching on that he wasn't even getting close, I just laughed. The silly person, he'll learn eventually.

In NS_Streets you should just expect to be thrown to your doom every two minutes. It's what happens on that level.

If someone kills me with lightning, I just think, well too bad.

I have only gotten annoyed one time when playing with 8 people on NS_Streets CTF. All the other team did was grip. It wasn't so much annoying as just plain boring. One person gripped me, I pushed him and then the next was already on me. They even stood still waiting to get me when the other person let go. That was just LAME.

As for the "RPG" element some have started using: If you bow at me I will bow back. If you just attack me then expect similar treatment.

But I don't understand where this honor thing came from. I don't remember so much as one bow in any of the movies, they just start fighting. I don't see why people say that light side Jedis should be 'good', Luke uses grip in ROTJ and wants to kill the emperor when he is unarmed (no saber).

People really need to lighten up.

Archived