Home

The good ol' days of Dark Forces returned.

Nota

:o

Before I bought Jedi Knight 2, I of course read the reviews from IGN and GameSpot. But the thing that interested me the most was the fact that both reviewers seemed to dislike the beginning levels of the game. And I must ask, why?

It almost seems as if they wanted to get to the lightsaber as fast as they could before enjoying the simple pleasures of storming into a room filled with stormtroopers ready to be gunned down in a blaze o' glory by you, Kyle Katarn.

For me, these first few levels were very fun and reminded me of the good old days playing Dark Forces for the very first time. The levels seemed so alike even though crafted by different people!

In all honesty, I enjoyed both parts of the game. But there is still part of me that wishes there were more levels like it before we, the player earn the lightsaber.

This brings me to my next issue/topic of Nar Shadaa....

I hate that level.... :D And I'm sure you all know why...

I almost get the feeling the game designers *wanted* you to be all macho thinking you could beat the level with just your trusty lightsaber knowing full well that you would have an almost impossible time doing it.

But maybe this is not the sole reason for it; Perhaps the designers felt it would be a nice smooth transition from first person shooter to 3rd person action. I must agree, it is a good way of doing things, but challenging for those in love with saber fighting. :)

Am I ranting, or raving?

I really LIKE this game !

Thanks Raven/LucasArts!

you know who you all are.

:)

hehe, but it makes you feel so pathetic if you have to switch from lightsaber to blaster.... Kyle was right " I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions "

Not to mention a few laser holes in a few minutes.:greedo:

I thought they said there would be some form of force sense in the game? And why isnt force seeing an available power in single player, seems to make perfect sense that it should be. Am I right? It would come in useful alot and wouldnt really ruin the game or make it that much easier except in that level. Maybe someone will patch it in.

Archived